What Are Gifted Subs In Twitch
Last Updated: September 12, 2020
Twitch has a feature called Community Gifting which allows you to give gifts to certain subscribers even on different channels. You have 3 gift options including Tier 1, 2, and 3 subscriptions. And this feature allows you to shower gifts for up to 100 subscribers at once.
What Are Gifted Subs on Twitch?
Anyone can sign up on Twitch. But if you are a streamer and wants to reward your viewers with your channel subscription or you just want to give a friend a subscription to his favorite channel, then you can use this feature on Twitch. This is very exciting especially that you need to purchase a subscription for the channel of your favorite streamer for you to be able to watch the broadcasting.
Here are the ways on how you can gift a subscription:
Getting through the subscription button
- At the top of the player’s channel video, click the subscription button.
- The subscription menu will be opened. You have two options- to give a gift to a specific viewer or to give a gift to the community. You can distribute up to 100 gifts to your viewers and followers.
Gifting to a specific viewer
- Choose the kind of subscription you wish to give- Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3.
- Search the username of your recipient.
- Just tap “Give a Gift Subscription” found below.
That’s it! You have now given a gift subscription to a certain user. Anyway, the checkout process is just the same when you purchased your own subscription, so I think we really don’t need to tackle that.
Just like “Gifting to a Specific Viewer,” you have different options of subscription- Tier 1, 2, and 3. You can also decide on how many gift you want to give. Aside from the options given by Twitch, you can customize the amount.
Gifting through chat
If you already see your subscription recipient in your chatbox, you can directly give him gifts. Using your chatbox, look for your intended subscription recipient and open his chat card.
Still, follow the process above.
If you want to be a little bit mysterious, you can always give subscriptions anonymously. Here are the steps on how to do this:
- Go to the “Gift a Sub” menu or if you are gifting through chat, go to the “Viewer Card.”
- Tap on the box beside “Gift Anonymously.”
Take note that if you choose this, you cannot get a gifter badge and this will not count on your total gifts. But the good thing about this is that your username will not be exposed anywhere. If you want to be recognized, don’t use this feature.
The Sub Gifter Badge
This feature gives recognition of your support. It will be visible as long as your gift sub is still active. Once it is expired, it will automatically disappear. The bad will just reappear once you give another sub. You level up as you buy more sub gifts.