How To Take Screenshot On Xiaomi Redmi 5A
Last Updated: March 1, 2018
Redmi 5A is one of Xiaomi’s bestselling budget smartphones, and just like any other Xiaomi smartphone, it provides you many different ways of taking screenshots. However, if you’re still finding yourself a bit confused about how to take a screenshot on this awesome smartphone, or just want to learn the other not so common ways of capturing screenshots on this device, then you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ll take a look at all those methods which can be used to capture screenshots on Xiaomi Redmi 5A. Let’s begin:
Method #1: Taking Screenshots With Hardware Buttons
The classic method of taking a screenshot on an Android device is to take it with a combination of hardware buttons. Android comes with this functionality built-in, which can be accessed to capture screenshots. Given below are the steps you need to follow to take a screenshot on your Redmi 5A with this method:
- Go to the screen that you want to capture.
- Press the Power and Volume Down keys together and hold them for a while (for a second).
- The screen will blink and you will hear the shutter sound, and the captured screenshot will be saved to the Gallery of your Redmi 5A.
Method #2: Taking Screenshots From Notification Bar
Xiaomi’s smartphones also come with a dedicated button that can be used to take screenshots. Redmi 5A is no different – you can find the screenshot button in the notification tray, and then use it to capture the screenshot. Every time when you want to capture the screenshot, just go to the screen that you want to capture, pull down your notification tray and tap the ‘Screenshot’ button, which will capture the screenshot and save it to your phone’s Gallery.
Method #3: Taking Screenshots With Gestures
And finally, you have the option of taking screenshots with 7 different gesture and button combinations. But before you can use any of them you’ll have to activate them from Settings. Given below are the steps to do that:
- Navigate to Settings >> Additional Settings >> Button and Gesture Shortcuts.
- Find ‘Take a Screenshot’option and tap on it.
- There you will see all 8 different gesture and button combinations that can be activated to take a screenshot. They include:
- Slide 3 fingers down
- Long press the Home button
- Long press the Menu button
- Long press the Back button
- Power+ Menu
You can choose any one of them, and that key combination/gesture will allow you to take a screenshot once chosen.
Your Xiaomi Redmi 5A smartphone provides you more ways of taking screenshots than the smartphones of any other company. Use any of them and take as many screenshots as you want, the way you want. Enjoy!