How To Watch A Card On Trello
Last Updated: October 28, 2022
Do you want to get notifications when someone edits a card on Trello? Or do you want to closely keep track of the list even when you’re away from the app? In any case, you can use the watch feature on individual cards on the app. Follow our step-by-step guide below to learn how.
In Trello, there are many ways to organize and keep track of your work, project, or tasks. For example, you can group finished cards in one list or archive them entirely.
Aside from these options, you can also “watch” an entire board to get alerts to all changes made within it. You can also use the feature on individual cards so that you can focus on important tasks in the meantime.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about using the watch feature on individual Trello cards.
How to get notifications from a card on Trello
If you want to get updates from a specific card on Trello, you can use the watch feature on it. In this way, you’ll receive alerts whenever someone makes some changes to the card.
You can use the watch feature on cards whether you’re using Trello on your phone or computer. In our quick tutorials below, we’ll cover the stops on doing it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch Trello on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your workspaces and open one of your boards.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on one of your cards. Swipe the board left and right to browse your cards.
- Once the menu appears, select the “Watch” option.
That’s how you use the watch option on your cards from the Trello mobile app. You’ll receive notifications from the app whenever someone edits the card at any time.
On your computer:
- Visit the Trello web client or open their desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Select the “Boards” tab from one of your workspaces on the sidebar and open one of your boards.
- Browse your cards and click More options (three dots icon) on the one that you want to manage.
- Select the “Watch” option from the menu.
If you want to get notifications from all the cards within the board, you can watch the entire board instead. In this way, you won’t need to toggle the feature on each of your cards one by one.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use the watch feature on your cards on Trello, tracking important tasks or projects is no longer a problem. When someone edits the card, you’ll receive notifications from the app immediately.
That’s it! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our page, and you’ll find more articles for different kinds of apps.