How To Watch A Board On Trello
Last Updated: October 29, 2022
Do you want to closely monitor one of your boards on Trello? Do you want to make sure that you know about all the updates made to it? If so, you can toggle the “watch” feature on the board. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll teach you every step of the way.
As a member or owner of a Trello board with multiple members, you can expect a lot of changes within its cards and other contents. If you’re working on a large project, you and your team members might make some changes to your boards frequently.
If you want to stay in the loop on all changes made within a board, you can enable notifications for it. With the help of the “watch” option, you can keep track of all the edits made within the board’s cards, whether another user made it or not.
Here’s our guide about enabling the watch feature on your Trello boards.
How to get notifications for all actions within a board on Trello
If you want to keep tabs on one of your boards at all times, you can use the watch feature. In this way, you’ll receive a notification every time someone makes some changes within the board.
You can enable the watch feature on your boards whether you’re using Trello on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch the Trello app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open the board that you want to manage.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right.
- Select More options (three dots icon) on the board menu.
- Toggle the Watch option.
That’s how you use the Watch option on one of your boards from the Trello mobile app. You’ll receive notifications whenever someone edits a card or anything within the board.
On your computer:
- Launch the Trello desktop app or visit their web client, and sign in to your account.
- Select “Boards” under one of your workspaces on the sidebar and open the board that you want to manage.
- Click “More” on the menu on the right side of the board. If you can’t see the menu, click More options (three dots icon) to make it appear.
- Click the Watch option on the sidebar.
Instead of watching an entire board, you can use the feature on selected cards so that you’ll only receive notifications on tasks or projects that matter to you. In this way, you won’t receive a ton of alerts from other stuff within the board.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to toggle the watch feature on boards, you can now receive notifications for every change made within them. In this way, you can keep tabs on your project and make sure that no one messes up any card on the board.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.