How To View Twitch Chat While Streaming
Last Updated: January 23, 2020
If you are a gamer who likes to read chat and play, then you are absolutely at the right place. For the audience, viewers must comment to engage in an amazing streaming experience. This is what Twitch brings it to you. Twitch chat is one of the most popular streaming channels that establish communication between the views and the creators. Having an external monitor is the best way to see twitch chat. But, if it is not possible to get the second monitor, then you can make use of programs to chat over the streaming game.
Read twitch Chat with One Monitor
There are certain alternate options that you can use to read the comments exchanged while streaming games.
- Smart Phone or Tablet
What can be more feasible than a phone? The chats you want to read can come on your phone while you use the monitor for streaming.
- Notification settings
You have to turn on notifications in Twitch for getting the new chat alerts. From the notifications, you can respond without waiting to pause and then text back.
- Overlay software
A monotonous video can go bland if you do not perform certain exchange of words with your viewers. Twitch chat can help in overlaying the software on the top of your stream. The purpose of overlay is to get the information from the viewers.
You can take the help of applications that can help you in reading the messages of viewers uninterrupted. For that you do not need to actually go into the app to read the messages. Apps like Restream will help you manage all the communication in one screen. It will be helpful: –
- In reading texts from all channels without the need for switching tab
- You can select the channels to which you want to send a reply
- By mirror messaging, you can permit your audience to communicate across platforms. Integrating XSplit, OBS, SLOBS and other software you can generate and insert chat widget into your streaming channel.
- You can keep an estimation of how many people can interact with your chat.
- Get through the most used emojis and words
It is as easy as pudding a model. You have to: –
- Just go to restream.io. You can sign up on the website.
- Link the restream account with your Twitch account
- Under the header, you will get the chat option. Download it.
- Go to the settings, connect it with your Twitch account and start customizing according to the features you want.
- Options like transparency and click through window makes it helpful for choosing the most favorable options.
Custom Windows App
This Custom Windows App enables to display Twitch on the top of the window or borderless windowed game. Single motor streamers need to see chat while playing. This feature is suitable for every Twitch player who attempts to stay on top, and it is fully transparent. You can customize and resize the app through a system tray icon.
Setting up a Custom Windows App
- If you can extract the zip file, then you can get the windows app. Look for TransparentTwitchChatWPF.exe.
- Then, when you receive a message, “Windows protected your PC.” You will need to click on “More info” and then “Run anyway.” If you are launching this for the first time, then you have to perform this task.
- After launching the program, you will need to set your channel. Click the button at the top-left to open settings. Right-click the black border or on the icon.
- Then you can [perform the customizations that you require to do.
So, now when you want to monitor in your studio and read the text messages from your viewers, you can opt for one of the formats mentioned above to stay in the game of Twitch. Since the launch of Twitch, it has introduced many new features that have helped it, making a basic streaming media site into something that resembles a social network like Facebook. The users coagulated on Twitch can follow and DM each other.
Like Facebook and Twitter, in Twitch, you can post your stuff, like share and comment on what others have written. This makes room for following each other. In this transaction, what happens after some days is that you do not want certain followers to stay in your twitch account. You do it the same in another social media platform as well.