How To Verify Your Phone Number On Twitch
Last Updated: January 6, 2022
Can’t chat on channels that require you to verify your phone on Twitch? If so, you can go ahead and connect your phone number to your account. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so from the Twitch mobile and web app.
While harassment is unacceptable on Twitch, there are people who go out and create new accounts to spread hate on different channels. Although the platform has tools to help streamers protect themselves from hateful users, it’s best to curb this type of behavior and moderate the people who can message on a channel’s chat.
Thankfully, Twitch allows its streamers to enable the Verified Chat feature to control who can send messages on the chat. Streamers can choose to only allow users with a verified number to participate in the chat.
If you find channels where you can’t send a message, you might need to verify your account with a phone number. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
How to add your phone number on Twitch
If some channels require you to verify your phone number before participating in the chat, you need to add your number to your account any time you want. After adding a number and verifying your account, you can go ahead and participate in channels where you want to chat.
You can verify your phone number whether you’re using the Twitch app on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Visit the Twitch web client on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top right corner and select Settings from the menu.
- Head to the Security and Privacy tab.
- Under Contacts, select Add a number beside the Phone number section.
- Select your country, enter your phone number, and click the Save button.
- Confirm your decision, enter your password, and hit the Verify button.
- Enter the verification code you received through SMS to connect your phone number to Twitch.
That’s how you verify your Twitch account with a phone number. If you ever change your mind, you can always update the phone number connected to your account or remove it anytime.
On the Twitch app for Android:
- After signing in to your account, tap your profile avatar on the top left corner of the app.
- Head to your Account Settings and select Security & Privacy.
- Tap the Phone option.
- If prompted, enter your password and click Next to verify your decision.
- Enter your phone number in the full international format, click Next, and confirm your number.
- Enter the verification code you received through SMS to connect your number to Twitch.
That’s how you verify your phone number through the Twitch mobile app. You can update or remove your phone number whenever you want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to verify your number on Twitch, you can participate in a chat that requires you to connect your phone number to your account. Always remember that you can update or delete the number connected to your account if you ever lose it.
That’s it! For more tutorials, visit our page and check our latest posts and updates.