How To Use Voice Clips On ClickUp
Last Updated: February 9, 2023
Are you having trouble explaining instructions using text only? Do you think that adding audio can do the trick? If so, you can record voice clips on ClickUp and post them as comments on your tasks. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to use the record option from the ClickUp mobile and web app.
After creating a new task on ClickUp, you can add a quick comment to further explain the task or share more information. You can also use the comments section to add feedback on tasks you can access within your workspace.
Aside from commenting using photos, text, and attachments, you can also record and use voice clips and post them under a task. With the help of this feature, you can easily explain instructions or feedback without having the need to type them manually.
Here’s our guide about recording and sending voice clips on ClickUp.
How to record and send voice clips on ClickUp
If you’re having a hard time explaining or giving instructions through text, you can use the voice clip option on ClickUp. You can record and post voice clips on the comment sections of tasks you have within your workspace.
You can use the voice clip feature whether you’re using ClickUp on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
On your phone:
- Open the ClickUp app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open one of the tasks within your workspace.
- Head to the Comments section.
- Tap the microphone icon on the right of the message field to start recording.
- Tap the check icon to end the recording.
- Type a comment (optional) and tap the paper plane icon to post the voice clip to the comments section.
After posting your voice clip, other users that have access to the task can play it whenever they want. If you ever change your mind, you can click the three dots icon beside the voice clip and select the “Delete” option.
On your computer:
- Open the ClickUp desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click one of the tasks on your workspace.
- Click the comments section on the bottom right part of the window and select the microphone icon to record a voice clip.
- Click the check icon to end the recording.
- Type text into the message field (optional) and click Comment to confirm your decision.
You can choose to add a short message, attachment, or photos when posting a voice clip as a comment. In this way, you can easily explain instructions or share information in a single comment.
Please note that voice clips take up storage on the ClickUp Free Forever workspace plan. The free version has a 100MB storage limit, while those on paid plans can store as much as they want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to share voice clips on ClickUp, you now have another option when sharing your thoughts within your workspace. Keep in mind the storage limit when you’re on the Free Forever workspace plan.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.