How To Use Video On Your Slack Huddles
Last Updated: October 15, 2022
Do you want to use your camera during your huddles on Slack? Do you feel that showing your faces during quick meetings can help your discussions on the app? In any case, you can toggle your camera during your huddles, whether you’re using the Slack app on your phone or computer. Check our quick guide below to learn how.
In Slack, users can start huddles on one of the channels or conversations within their workspace to discuss with other users through audio. With the help of this feature, there’s no need to switch to another app for quick meetings and discussions for a task or project.
When you’re using a free workspace on Slack, you only get to start a huddle with a maximum of 2 participants. On the other hand, paid plans allow you to start huddles with up to 50 participants.
Either way, you can turn on your camera during huddles to show your face during your quick meetings on the app. Here’s our quick guide below about using the feature on your phone or desktop.
How to use turn on your camera on Slack huddles
If you want to use video while participating in a huddle on Slack, you can turn on your camera. In this way, you can show yourself to other people within the meeting on your channel or conversation.
You can use the camera on your huddles whether you’re using Slack on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your computer:
- Launch the Slack desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your conversations or channels and click the Huddle option at the bottom left part of the screen.
- Once you’re inside the huddle, toggle the video feature among the huddle options to turn on your camera. Make sure that you allow the browser or app to access your device’s camera.
That’s how you toggle the camera feature when participating in a huddle from the Slack desktop or web app. Always remember that you can always leave your camera off if you don’t want to use it during your quick meetings on the app.
On your phone:
- Launch the Slack app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your conversations or channels and tap the huddle icon on the header.
- Tap the Huddle button on the menu to join the huddle.
- Tap the video icon among the huddle options to turn on your camera.
You can switch the camera to your front or rear lenses whenever you want. If you ever change your mind, you can always turn the feature off during the huddle.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable the camera during huddles on Slack, you can now discuss it with other participants with video enabled. Always remember that you can always leave the camera off if you don’t prefer to use it during discussions.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.