How To Use The Raise Hand Feature In Google Meet
Last Updated: October 18, 2022
Do you need the attention of a moderator during your meeting in Google Meet? Or do you want to queue up for a question without disturbing the current speaker? In any case, you can raise your hand during the virtual meeting to call the attention of the moderators. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do it whether you’re on your phone or desktop.
During online meetings, there might be situations where you want to ask a question or confirm something with the host or one of the moderators. However, we understand that talking right away with your microphone can be disrespectful to the current speaker.
Thankfully, you can raise your hand during your meetings in Google Meet to get the attention of the meeting moderators. When you raise your hand, moderators will receive a heads-up and can give you time to speak or ask your question.
Here’s our guide about raising your hand in Google Meet.
How to raise your hand in Google Meet
If you want to call the attention of the host during your meetings in Google Meet, you can raise your hand inside the meeting room. In this way, you won’t interrupt the discussion or distract the current speaker during your video conference.
You can use the raise hand feature in Meet whether you’re using the app on your phone or browser. In our step-by-tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps on how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Visit the Google Meet web app on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Join an existing meeting or start a new one with your workmates or friends.
- Once you’re inside the video conference, click the hand icon among the options at the bottom of the meeting window.
After raising your hand, the moderators will receive a notification on their end. Once you finish speaking or asking questions, you can lower your hand by clicking the icon again on the meeting window.
On your phone:
- Launch the Meet app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Join a meeting or start one by tapping “New” at the bottom right and selecting the “Create a new meeting” option on the next page.
- Tap the hand icon at the bottom of your screen to raise your hand. If you can’t see the meeting options, tap your screen once to make them appear.
Please note that moderators can lower your hand whenever they want. They’ll also receive notifications for hands raised depending on the order when raised.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to raise your hand in Google Meet, you can now get the attention of the meeting moderators when you have a question in mind. In this way, you’ll get your turn to speak without disturbing the current speaker.
That’s all! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.