How To Use The Note To Self Feature On Signal
Last Updated: November 25, 2021
Do you want to jot down notes on your Signal app? Or do you want to share messages and files across your linked devices? In any case, you can use the Note to Self feature on the app and start a conversation with yourself. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you everything you need to know about this option on Signal.
Signal offers a messaging service with end-to-end encryption to make sure that your conversations with your friends or group chats on the app are private. Aside from that, you can also use the app to take notes or share messages and files across your devices.
With the help of the Note to Self feature on Signal, you can start a conversation with yourself on the app. As such, you can use the chat to store quick notes, files, and other content that you need across your linked devices.
Here’s our guide about using the Note to Self feature on the Signal desktop and mobile app.
How to create notes on Signal
If you want to jot down notes or share messages and files across your linked devices on Signal, you can use the Note to Self feature on the app. This conversation with yourself is also using end-to-end encryption, so there’s no need to worry about the security of your messages.
You can use the Note to Self feature on Signal whether you’re on your computer or mobile device. In our quick tutorials below, we’ll show you the steps to do it on both.
On your Android device:
- Open the Signal mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon on the top right side of the chats list.
- Type “Note to Self” on the search bar and select the one that shows up on the search results.
- Type a message and hit the send button to start the conversation.
That’s how you use the Note to Self chat on Signal. You can use this feature to jot down quick notes or share files across your linked devices such as your computer or phone.
On your computer:
- Open the Signal desktop app and link your account by scanning the QR code with your phone.
- Type “Note to Self” on the search bar at the top of the chats list and select the one that shows up in the results.
- Enter your first message on the conversation and click the Send button.
Once you send your first message to the conversation, you can find it on the chats list on the Signal desktop and mobile app.
Please note that you can use disappearing messages on the Note to Self feature on the app. The countdown starts once you send the message to the conversation.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use the notes feature on Signal, you can jot down notes or share content across your linked devices quickly. Since all the conversations on Signal have end-to-end encryption, there’s no need to worry much about the security of your message.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our page frequently and browse our daily posts and updates.