How To Use The Equalizer On Spotify
Last Updated: September 29, 2022
Do you want to set up the best sound configuration when you’re listening on Spotify? Do you want to adjust the treble, bass, or choose a template that suits you? In any case, you can adjust your equalizer on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
Although you can listen to your favorite songs on Spotify without modifying its settings, you can enhance how the app plays music for you. You have the option to enable and use the equalizer on the app to help you listen to yourself better.
With the help of this feature, you can adjust the bass, treble, and mids to your liking. As such, you can improve how you listen to music on the app depending o the genre of your favorite songs.
Here’s our guide about using the equalizer option on Spotify.
How to change the equalizer on Spotify
If you want to customize how your music sounds on Spotify, you can adjust the equalizer on the app. In this way, you can enhance or lessen certain frequencies to find the right combination for you.
You can modify the equalizer, whether you’re using the Spotify desktop or mobile app. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps on both devices.
On your Android phone:
- Launch the Spotify app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right corner of the app to open the Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Audio Quality section and select the “Equalizer” option.
- Select the Equalizer option on the page.
- Choose one of the presets available on the app or adjust the sliders manually to get the sound that you want.
That’s how you use the equalizer on the Android mobile app. Adjust the equalizer to get the perfect sound for your music or podcasts on the app.
Please note that the equalizer on Spotify may differ depending on your device. Some phones allow you to customize the equalizer entirely, while others only allow you to select presets.
On your computer:
- Launch the Spotify desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top right of the app and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Playback section and enable the Equalizer option.
- Adjust the sliders to get the sound that you want or select from the available presets.
You can try adjusting each frequency one by one to get a feel about their effects on your sounds. If you’re having trouble finding the right setup for you, explore the different presets and adjust the sliders from there.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use the equalizer on Spotify, you can now adjust and improve how the app plays music for you. However, you can’t use this feature when you’re using Spotify Connect to play music on another device.
That’s everything from our guide! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and check our daily posts and updates.