How To Use The Chat In Zoom
Last Updated: May 22, 2021
Do you want to send messages to every participant in your Zoom meetings? Or do you prefer to send one to the host or other member privately? Either way, we’re here to help you. In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to use the chat feature in your Zoom meetings. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, we got you covered.
Aside from participating in your Zoom meetings with your audio and video feed, you can also use the chat feature to message the host and other participants. In this way, you can ask questions or share your ideas without disturbing the current speaker.
Depending on the chat settings set by the host, you can message other people in the meeting privately or publicly. You can also send one to every other participant, including the host.
As such, the chat feature is helpful to those with microphone or audio problems during virtual conferences.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to send messages on your Zoom meetings. Whether you’re using their mobile or desktop app, you don’t need to worry since we have a step-by-step tutorial for you.
How to chat in your Zoom meetings
If you want to message others during a Zoom meeting, you can use the chat feature to privately message another participant, the host, or everyone on the chat.
You can use the chat feature on your Zoom meetings whether you’re using the desktop or web app. If you’re having some trouble navigating through the features in your meeting room, don’t worry, all you have to do is follow our tutorials below.
On the desktop app:
- After signing in, start a new meeting as a host or join one as a participant.
- Once you’re inside the room, click the Chat option in the meeting controls. As a shortcut, you can press Alt + H on your keyboard.
- Choose the recipients and type your message on the chat window.
- To send the message, press Enter.
By default, meeting participants can send public and direct messages to the host, other users, and everyone. However, the host can change this option and disable the chat if they want to.
On the mobile app:
- After opening the Zoom app and signing in to your account, start a new meeting as the host or join an existing one.
- At the bottom-right corner of the meeting room, tap More (three-dot icon).
- Once the menu appears on your screen, tap the Chat option.
- Choose the recipients and type your message on the empty field.
- Tap Send to send the message to the other participants.
That’s how you use the chat feature on your Zoom meetings. Aside from sending messages, you can also share files from your cloud storage or device.
If you’re the host of the meeting, you can change your chat settings any time you want. You can allow messages only yourself or disable them completely.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use the chat feature in Zoom, you can now message other people during your meetings on the app. With this feature, you can share your thoughts with the other participants without disrupting the flow of your meeting.
That’s all from us! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly, and check our latest posts and updates.