How To Use Song Radio On YouTube Music
Last Updated: October 25, 2022
Do you want to find new songs on YouTube Music? Do you want to check out related music based on your favorite songs or playlists? If so, you can try the radio feature on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
Finding new music that suits your taste can be quite tasking, especially if you don’t have the time to search artists or songs one by one. Thankfully, YouTube Music has a couple of features that can help you find similar songs to the ones you play.
Aside from checking the recommendations you receive on the app, you can use the radio feature to find more music based on a song or a playlist. Starting a radio on the app lets it create a mix and find similar songs that you may like.
Here’s our guide about using the radio feature on YouTube Music.
How to find new music using song radio on YouTube Music
If you want to explore more music on YouTube Music, you can try using the radio option on one of your songs or playlists on the app. You can start a radio from a song or playlist, and the app will recommend similar music that you might like.
You can start the radio feature whether you’re using YouTube Music on your desktop or mobile device. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Open YouTube Music on your device and sign in to your account.
- Browse your library, use the search bar, or check the recommendations and tap the More options (three dots icon) beside one of the songs. Alternatively, you can open one of your playlists and tap the three dots icon on the playlist options.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, tap the “Start Radio” option.
- Tap the “Up Next” option at the bottom to check all the songs on the radio.
- Explore the songs recommended on the radio, or use the filters to find the ones you might like.
That’s how you use the song radio feature from the YouTube Music app for Android. Once you find a song you like, you can add it to one of your playlists so that you can easily listen to it in the future.
On your computer:
- Open the YouTube Music web app and sign in to your account.
- Browse the Explore, Home, or Library tab and find a song or playlist where you want to start a radio.
- Click the three dots icon on a song or playlist and select “Start radio” from the menu.
- Check the songs on the “Up Next” tab to find songs that you might want to add to your playlists.
Aside from exploring the radio feature, you can also check out the related music of the current song playing. In this way, you can find more songs that you might want to add to your playlists.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use the radio on YouTube Music, you can now explore the app and find more songs that may suit your liking. Always remember that you can use this feature on both individual songs and playlists on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.