How To Use Emoji Reactions On WhatsApp
Last Updated: May 14, 2022
Do you want to make your conversations on WhatsApp more fun? Do you want to react to messages without replying or sending a message yourself? If so, you can use emoji reactions in your chats on the app. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to use message reactions on WhatsApp.
In WhatsApp’s recent update, they added emoji reactions to all chats on the app. This feature can help users share their opinions on messages without flooding the chat with numerous replies.
As of now, there are only a few emojis you can use to react to messages you send and receive on your chats. However, WhatsApp promises to add more emojis to the selection in the future.
Here’s our guide about using emoji reactions on WhatsApp.
How to use emojis to react to messages on WhatsApp
With the help of emoji reactions, you can add your opinion to your chats on the app without sending a message on the chat. People can also start polls on group chats with the help of these reactions.
You can use emoji reactions, whether you’re using WhatsApp on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Open WhatsApp on your device and sign in to your account.
- Head to the group or private chat where you want to use reactions.
- Tap and hold into one of the messages in the conversation.
- Select the emoji that you want to use.
Please note that you can react to any message in the conversation whether you or other people sent it. If you ever change your mind, tap and hold to one of your messages and select the emoji that you used to remove your reaction.
On your computer:
- Open the WhatsApp web app and sign in to your account.
- Go to the chat that you want to manage.
- Hover to the message where you want to use reactions and click the emoji icon on the left.
- Choose the emoji that you want to use as a reaction to the message on the chat.
As of now, you can only choose from 6 emojis to use as reactions. However, WhatsApp promises to add more to the selection in the future.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use emoji reactions, you can share your opinion in a conversation without flooding it with messages. Users can use this feature to start polls on WhatsApp groups much more efficiently.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.