How To Use Emoji Reactions On Signal
Last Updated: November 27, 2021
Do you want to respond to messages you receive on Signal with emojis? If that’s the case, you can use reactions to your conversations on the app. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to use emoji reactions on the Signal app on your desktop or mobile device.
In Signal, users can share images, stickers, and other stuff to add more fun to their conversations. Aside from that, you can also respond to messages on the chat with various emoji reactions.
After reacting using an emoji, everyone participating in the chat can see your response. Once someone deletes a message, the reactions disappear as well.
Without further ado, here’s our guide about using emoji reactions on Signal.
How to react using emojis on Signal
If you want another way to respond to messages you receive on Signal, you can use emojis instead of replying with a text, sticker, or image on the conversation. In this way, you can show your contacts how you feel without saying the exact words explicitly.
You can use emoji reactions whether you’re using Signal on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to use the feature on both devices.
On your mobile device:
- Open the Signal app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Go to the conversation where you want to use an emoji reaction.
- Tap and hold on to one of the messages on the chat.
- Once the emoji selection appears, select the one you want to use. If you want to see more options, tap the three dots icon on the right side of the selection.
If you ever change your mind, you can always tap and hold onto one of your messages and change the reaction you used. To remove a reaction, open tap and hold onto a message and select the emoji you used to deselect it.
On your desktop:
- Launch the Signal desktop app and connect your account by scanning the QR code that appears on your screen.
- Head to the conversation where you want to use an emoji reaction.
- Hover on one of the messages on the chat and click the smiley with a plus icon.
- Select the emoji you want to use from the default selection. If you want to choose from more emojis or change the color tone, click the three dots icon on the right side of the selection.
You can use emoji reactions on your group or private chats on Signal. You can react to all the messages within the conversation, including the ones you sent.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use emoji reacts on Signal, you can respond to conversations without sending a message or using a sticker. Everyone participating in the chat can check all the reactions to a message by clicking the emoji below it.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our page from time to time and browse our latest posts and updates.