How To Use Decals In Roblox
Last Updated: February 18, 2021
Are you wondering how you can apply decals to objects in Roblox? Do you want to add images to different surfaces on your game? In any case, we’re here to help you. In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to add decals to your Roblox Studio.
For those who don’t know, decals are images you can add to objects in Roblox. You can use this feature to add designs, details, and logos to surfaces or base parts when you’re creating a game.
Decals work similarly to Textures in terms of how they work. While the latter repeats the image depending on the surface, the former stretches it across the whole part instead.
With the help of decals, you can further customize objects on your game. If you’re wondering how to use this feature on Roblox, we’re here to help you. Follow our guide below on how to add decals from the Image Marketplace or your device.
How to add decals in Roblox
If you want to add images to surfaces of objects on your Roblox game, you can apply decals to parts of your model through the Explorer tab. You can choose to use images from the platform’s library or upload one of your own.
With our tutorial below, we’ll teach you how to add decals to your objects when you’re creating a game through the Roblox Studio.
Step 1: Choose a decal to use
Before we get into using a decal, you must first select an image you want to use. You can choose to use an image from the platform’s Marketplace or upload one from your device. In this example, we’ll go with the first option.
- Launch the Roblox Studio on your computer and sign-in to your account.
- Select a game you want to edit.
- On your Toolbox, head to the Marketplace tab, open the menu and select the image option.
If your Toolbox isn’t visible on your screen, head to the View tab on your toolbar and enable it from the Show section.
- Using the search bar, look for an image to use as a decal. You can use the filter button to narrow the search results. You can select the creator and sort the results by their relevance, ratings, latest updates, and a few more.
- Once you find the one you want, right-click on the image and select “Copy Asset ID.”
Step 2: Use the image as a decal
Now that you have the Asset ID of the image you want to use, it’s time to add it to your game as a decal. You can choose to place it on one of the six surfaces of a primary part of an object.
- Using your Game Editor Window, click on an object to edit it. You can also select one through your Game Explorer.
- On your Explorer, click on the arrowhead beside an object to view all its parts.
- Hover on a part, click the plus button and select “Decal” on the menu.
- On the Properties Window of the decal, paste the Asset ID of an image on the Texture property and press Enter.
- You can apply the decal to a particular surface of the part by changing the Face (Surface) property to Top, Left, Right, Bottom, Back, or Front.
Besides changing the decal’s position, you can also adjust its transparency and color on the Properties window. Also, its size depends on the surface where you applied it. In addition, the decal stretches across to cover the face you choose.
How to use a custom image as a decal in Roblox
If you want to add your images as decals to surfaces, you can upload them through the platform’s Asset Manager. But before you can access this tool, you must first publish your game.
Using the Asset Manager, you can import images from your computer. After doing so, you can use the photo’s Asset ID to apply it as a decal.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add decals in Roblox, you can go ahead and customize the objects on your Roblox game. You can use images from the platform’s Marketplace or upload one from your device.
Just remember that all images you upload on Roblox must not violate their rules or Terms of Service. Using inappropriate images, accidental or not, may lead to the removal or suspension of your game. The incident can also affect your account or any associated group.
That’s all we have on our guide about decals in Roblox. For the latest tips, tricks, and tutorials, hit the bookmark button, and visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.