How To Use Dark Mode In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 22, 2022
Do you want to change the theme that you’re using on your GroupMe app? Do you want a darker theme color compared to default one on the app? If that’s the case, you can change the theme on GroupMe and use dark mode instead. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer.
Like most apps out there, GroupMe uses the light theme as its default color. The light color of the app makes it easier for most users to navigate through the interface and read the conversations in their chats.
However, we understand that there are people who prefer a darker-colored theme on their apps. Also, having a dark theme makes it easier for some users to browse their chats at night.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about changing your theme in GroupMe.
How to change the theme color in GroupMe
If you want to change how your GroupMe app appears on your device, you can change its theme to a darker color. Using dark mode also might be more pleasing to your eyes.
You can use the dark theme on the GroupMe Windows and mobile app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch GroupMe from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom right part of your screen.
- Head to your app Settings.
- Toggle the “Turn on dark theme” option under the Themes section.
That’s how you apply dark mode on the GroupMe mobile app. Alternatively, you can choose the “Adjust automatically” option to turn on the dark theme at night and turn it off during the day.
On your computer:
- Open the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left corner of the app.
- Click the drop-down menu under the App Theme section and select “Dark” from the menu.
- Restart the app to see the changes.
If you ever change your mind, you can always update your settings on the app. Please note that changing the theme only applies to the current app that you’re using.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change the theme in GroupMe, you can now use the dark mode option on the app whether you’re on your phone or computer.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.