How To Use Animated Backgrounds On Telegram
Last Updated: July 5, 2021
Do you want to use animated backgrounds that move every time you send a message on Telegram? Do you want to select specific gradients for the custom background you want to create? If so, our guide below can help you. We’ll show you how to use the new animated background feature on Telegram.
Telegram is one of the popular messaging apps out there that offers end-to-end encryption through its Secret Chats feature. Aside from that, you can also use bots which can make your group or individual messaging experience more fun and efficient.
While most people use Telegram for its secure end-to-end messaging option, its customization features are also unique and cool. For example, its new feature allows you to enable animated backgrounds that move every time you send a message.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide on how to use and create animated backgrounds for your Telegram chats.
How to enable animated backgrounds for your chats on Telegram for Android
In one of Telegram’s recent updates, they added animated backgrounds for your chats on Telegram. By enabling this feature, you get to use gradient wallpapers that move every time you send a message.
As for now, you can only use animated backgrounds on the Telegram mobile app. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll show you how to use the feature on your Android device.
- Launch the Telegram mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the upper-left side and select Settings on the menu.
- Scroll down to the Settings section and tap Chat Settings.
- Tap “Change Chat Background.”
- Choose from the default background colors offered by Telegram. On the other hand, you can select “Set a color” and choose a gradient you want to use.
Note: Backgrounds with the animation feature have a “Pattern” and “Color” option located at the bottom of the screen.
- After choosing an animated background you want to use, you have the option to add some patterns to accompany it. You can adjust their design and intensity to your liking.
- To check how the animation looks like, tap the refresh icon between the Pattern and Color options.
- After finalizing everything, tap “Set Background” at the bottom of your screen to save the changes.
That’s how you use animated backgrounds on Telegram for Android. This feature works on all default themes that are available for use on the app.
As for those using the iOS app, enabling animated backgrounds is pretty similar to the steps above, but expect some slight differences in the interface.
For now, you can only use animated backgrounds on the Telegram app for mobile devices. But if it becomes available on the desktop version, we’ll keep you posted.
How to create your custom animated backgrounds
If you don’t like the default gradients you can use as animated backgrounds on Telegram, you can create one yourself and mix the colors you want. After that, you can even share it with your friends, which they can use on their accounts.
Here’s how to create your custom animated backgrounds on the Telegram Android app:
- After signing in to the mobile app, change the background options on your Chat Settings.
- Select any of the animated backgrounds you can use on the app.
- At the bottom part of your screen, tap the Colors feature.
- Choose and adjust the colors you want to use. You can use two to four colors to make up your animated background.
- You can tap the “X” icon when adjusting one of the colors to remove it from the background. On the other hand, tap the plus icon to add another one to the mix. Tap Apply on the bottom right to save the color combination.
- You can also add patterns and adjust the intensity of the one you want to use.
- Once you finish creating your custom animated background, tap “Set Background” to apply the changes.
After creating a custom background, you can choose to share them with your friends. In return, they can share the ones they created as well.
To sum it all up
With Telegram’s most recent update, the messaging platform introduced animated backgrounds to their Android and iOS app. In turn, users can select two to four colors as backgrounds, which move every time they send a message on their chats.
Aside from that, you can also add patterns to these custom animated backgrounds to customize them even further. After creating or choosing one you want to use, you can even share it with your friends on the app.
That’s everything from us! If you want to read more useful tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site regularly and check our latest posts and updates.