How To Use AI To Generate Images In Canva
Last Updated: April 5, 2023
Do you want to have unique photos in your designs in Canva? Or do you want to generate a photo from a set of descriptions? Either way, you can use the Text to Image app in Canva to do so. Follow our tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to generate images using text in Canva.
AI tools are becoming more popular as time passes. To keep up with the latest AI technology, Canva added a Text to Image feature on their app to generate unique photos for their users.
With the help of this feature, you can create new images based on what you envision. You can write down a short description for the image you want to use, and the app can generate a few copies based on that.
Aside from sending out prompts to generate images, you can choose from various illustration styles to get the one you need. After the app generates an image, you can incorporate it into your designs on the app.
Here’s our guide about using the Text to Image tool in Canva.
How to use the Text to Image tool in Canva
If you want to create personalized images and illustrations instead of using photos from the Canva library, you can use the Text to Image tool on the app. This feature allows you to generate images from prompts you send out on the app and use them on your designs.
You can use the Text to Image tool whether you’re using the Canva app on your phone or computer. We’ll cover the steps for using the feature on both app versions in our tutorial below.
On your computer:
- Launch the Canva desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your designs on the app or create a new one from scratch.
- Click Apps from the sidebar.
- Search “Text to Image” and select the app on the results.
- Select the Use button to continue.
- Type the description of the image you want to create in the prompt box. You can also generate random prompts by clicking the “Try an example” or “Try another” button.
- Select the style and aspect ratio you want for your image and click the “Create your Image” button.
- Once the app finish generating the images, select the one you want to use to add the photo to your design.
You can click the “Create again” button to generate new images from your prompt. Clicking “Start over” allows you to create a new prompt and generate a new photo from scratch.
On your phone:
- Open the Canva mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your designs or start a new one.
- Tap the plus icon on the bottom left.
- Browse the options at the bottom of the menu and select Apps.
- Search “Text to Image” and select the app that appears in the search results.
- Type the description of your desired image in the prompt box. You can also use the “Try an example” button to create a random prompt and the “Try another” to refresh it.
- Choose from the available image styles and select an aspect ratio for your photo. Tap the “Create your Image” button to generate a couple of photos.
- Tap the one you want to include in your design.
If you don’t see anything you like from the generated images, tap “Create again” to generate new photos. On the other hand, you can start over and send a new prompt.
That’s how you use AI to generate images on Canva. With the help of this feature, you can add unique illustrations and photos to your designs on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use the Text to Image tool in Canva, you can create new images for your designs with your imagination. As long as you can describe the photo you want with words, you can generate beautiful and cool images and illustrations for different purposes.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.