How To Update Your Username On Instagram
Last Updated: March 14, 2022
Do you think that you need a new username on Instagram? Or did you suddenly think about a cool name for your social media account? In any case, you can update your username on Instagram. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it from your phone or computer.
All Instagram accounts have a unique username that distinguishes them from other accounts. While users can have the same name on the app, a username is bound to a single account.
When creating an account on the app, you can choose any username as long as no one else is using it. If you ever change your mind, you can update your username on the app whenever you want.
Here’s how to update your username on Instagram.
How to change your username on Instagram
If you want to change how other people see your display name on Instagram, you can update it whenever you want. As long as the username isn’t taken by another user, you can use it on your account whenever you want.
You can update your username whether you’re using Instagram on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it on both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the Instagram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your icon on the bottom right part of the app to open your profile page.
- Tap the “Edit profile” button.
- Change your username and tap the check on the upper right corner to apply the changes.
That’s how you change your username on Instagram. In most cases, changing your username is instantly available. However, the app may need to review the change if your account reaches a lot of people.
On your computer:
- Visit Instagram on your preferred web browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your icon on the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the “Edit Profile” tab and update your current username.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to confirm your decision.
Please note that your followers might receive a notification when you change your username on the app. If you ever change your mind, you can change your username back to your old one if it isn’t taken by another user.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to update your username on Instagram, you can choose a new one for your account. Always remember that you can only take usernames that have not been taken by another user on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.