How To Unsend A Message On Instagram
Last Updated: March 16, 2022
Did you accidentally send a message to someone on Instagram? Do you want to undo your decision and remove one of your messages from the conversation? If so, you can use the unsend feature on the app. Check our guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Aside from sharing photos, videos, and stories on Instagram, users can start conversations with people they meet on the app. People can share images, GIFs, and messages with the chat participants privately.
When messaging someone on the app, there might be instances where you want to take back the messages you send. With that in mind, having an unsend option is surely handy.
Thankfully, Instagram allows its users to manage their messages and unsend the ones they want to remove from a conversation. Here’s our guide about removing messages on Instagram.
How to unsend a message on your Instagram chats
If you changed your mind after sending a message on Instagram, you can unsend the message to remove it for everyone on the chat. Although the person may already have taken a screenshot or forwarded the message, it’s better than leaving it on the chat.
You can unsend a message, whether you’re using Instagram on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch Instagram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the messages icon on the top right corner of the app and open the conversation where you want to unsend a message.
- Tap and hold a message that you sent within the conversation.
- Once the options appear on your screen, select “Unsend.”
- Tap Unsend on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you unsend a message on the Instagram mobile app. Although unsending a message removes it from the conversation, always remember that the person may have forwarded or used a screenshot to capture the message before you delete it.
On the Instagram web app:
- After signing in to your account, click the Messages icon on the top right side of your screen.
- Open the conversation where you want to unsend a message.
- Hover to one of the messages you sent, click the three-dots icon, and select “Unsend” on the options menu.
- Click Unsend on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Using the unsend option on messages removes them from the conversation completely. Anyone participating in the chat won’t be able to view it in the future.
To wrap things up
With the help of the unsend feature on Instagram, you can remove messages you previously sent to a conversation on the app. Please note that the chat participants can take a screenshot or forward the message before you can remove it from the chat.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.