How To Unlink Devices On Signal
Last Updated: June 7, 2022
Do you no longer use the desktop app of Signal? Or did you sign in to a public computer to check your messages? In any case, you can unlink your account from the desktop app whenever you want. By unlinking your account, you can make sure that there are no messages or account data stored on that device.
In Signal, users can link their accounts to the desktop app to access their messages and contact people from their computers.
After linking your device, there’s no need to scan the QR code on your screen the next time you open the desktop app. As such, you can use your account even when you’re away from your phone.
However, we understand that there might be situations where you can no longer access a device where you signed in on Signal. To make sure that no one can access your messages and account information, you can unlink your account from the device.
Here’s our guide about unlinking devices on Signal.
How to unlink inactive devices on Signal
If you want to make sure that you log out of devices that you no longer use, you can unlink your account on Signal. You can unlink your Signal account remotely from your phone or clear the data on the desktop app manually.
You can unlink devices whether you’re using the Signal app on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your computer:
- Open the Signal desktop app on your computer.
- Click “File” on the top left corner of the screen and select “Preferences” from the menu.
- Head to the Privacy tab and click the Clear data option at the bottom of the window.
- Click Clear data on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
When you clear your data on the Signal desktop app, you’ll erase all your messages on the app as well as the saved account information. In this way, you can make sure that no one else can use your account.
On your phone:
If you no longer have access to the computer where you used Signal, you can unlink the device from the mobile app.
- Open Signal from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile avatar on the top of the chats list.
- Select “Linked Devices” from the Settings page.
- Tap the device that you want to unlink and click Ok on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Make sure to unlink any device you no longer plan on using in the future. By doing so, you can prevent other people from accessing your messages on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to unlink devices on Signal, you can remove the ones you no longer use. In this way, you can rest easy knowing that there are no messages and account data left on a desktop that you don’t plan on using in the future.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.