How To Unfriend Someone On Steam
Last Updated: April 16, 2023
Do you have too many friends on Steam? Or is one of your friends on the app harassing you? Either way, you can unfriend people in your friends list on the app. In this article, we’ll teach you how to remove people from your friends list on Steam.
In Steam, users can add other people as friends on the app. Being friends with other users makes it easy for you to socialize with them and invite them to games you play.
However, there are instances where you want someone removed as your friend on the app. Whether it’s harassment, bullying, or other personal reasons, you can unfriend someone on your account.
Here’s our guide about unfriending users on Steam.
How to remove someone from your friends list on Steam
If someone on your friends list is disturbing you on Steam, you can unfriend them on your account. Once you unfriend a user, they won’t be able to contact you through the chat feature on the app.
You can unfriend users whether you’re using the Steam app on your phone or computer. Check our quick tutorials, and we’ll cover the steps for both app versions.
On your computer:
- Open the Steam desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click the Friends & Chat option on the bottom right of the app.
- Browse your friends list, hover your mouse pointer over one of your friends, and click the drop-down arrow.
- Select Manage > Remove as Friend.
- Click Remove as Friend on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Once you remove someone as your friend on Steam, they won’t be able to send you a private message on the app. Depending on your privacy settings, they may not see other content on your profile.
On your phone:
- Open the Steam app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines on the bottom right part of the app.
- Select “Friends” under the My Content section.
- Browse your friends list on Steam and tap the one you want to remove.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the user’s profile page.
- Select the Unfriend option on the menu that appears.
- Tap the Remove Friend button on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
If you want to cut off all contact with a user, you can use the Block All Communication option instead of unfriending them.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to unfriend people on Steam, you can remove people from your friends list. After removing someone from your friends list, you can change your profile privacy settings to prevent them from seeing the content you have on your account.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.