How To Unblock Someone On Discord
Last Updated: November 19, 2021
Do you regret blocking someone on Discord? Do you want to mend your relationship with one of your previous friends on the app? If so, you can unblock them from your account any time you want. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to manage and unblock users on Discord.
In Discord, people can block other users on the app that they find annoying or disruptive. However, there might be times when you want to fix your relationship with a former friend on your account.
When you think that you want to unblock someone on Discord, you can do it with a few steps, whether you’re on your phone or computer. Once you finally unblock a user, you can send them a message to let them know that you’re up for a quick talk.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about unblocking users on Discord.
How to unblock a user on Discord
If you accidentally blocked someone on your Discord account or you changed your mind about your previous decision, you can unblock them, giving yourselves a chance to fix your relationship. When you do, you can start sharing messages back when you want.
You can unblock a Discord user whether you’re using their app on your desktop, browser, or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps to do so on all three versions.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord web client or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Go to the Home tab and select Friends on the upper left side of your screen.
- Click the “Blocked” option beside the “Add Friend” button.
- Browse all the blocked users on your account and click the Unblock icon on one of them.
When you unblock someone on Discord, the app won’t restore your connection as friends on the app. You’ll need to add someone as a friend to include them on your Friends list again.
Alternatively, you can unblock someone through the members list on a shared server. Right-click on one of the users on the members list and select Unblock from the menu.
On the Discord mobile app:
Unfortunately, Discord removed the “Blocked” section on the Friends tab. However, you can unblock a user on the mobile app if you can find their profile from your direct messages or mutual servers.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the channel to open the menu.
- Head to the mutual server or direct message with the person you want to unblock.
- Slide to the left or tap the members icon on the top right corner of the conversation.
- Browse the members list and tap one of the users to open their profile.
- Tap the three dots icon at the top right corner of the person’s profile page.
- Once the pop-up window appears, select the Unblock option.
That’s how you unblock a user on the Discord mobile app. Like we mentioned earlier, you’ll need to manually add someone as a friend to include them on your friends list once again. However, you can still message the previously blocked user even if you’re not friends on the app, depending on the privacy settings of you two.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to unblock people on Discord, you can mend your relationship with other users and your former friends on the app. Always remember that the app won’t notify someone when you unblock them on the app, so you might want to send them a quick message after your decision.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site from time to time, and browse our latest posts and updates.