How To Turn Off The Cart Feature In WhatsApp Business
Last Updated: August 8, 2022
Are you trying to keep your customers buying one item from your WhatsApp Business shop at a time? Do you want to stop people from adding multiple items to a cart before sending them to you as a message? If so, you can turn off the cart feature on the app. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
In WhatsApp Business, you can sell multiple items on your catalog and collections. By default, customers can collect and avail of multiple items through one message.
Although the cart feature can help your customers place orders faster, choose multiple items from your shop, and ask different questions at the same time, we understand that there are people who don’t want to use the feature in their online shops.
If you’re one of those people who prefer that customers buy one item at a time, you can turn off the cart feature on your WhatsApp Business account. Check our guide below to learn how.
How to disable the cart in WhatsApp Business
If you don’t want your customers to use the cart feature in WhatsApp Business, you can disable it on your account. When you disable the cart option, your customers can’t send you the items they want in one message.
You can turn off the cart feature on your shop whether you’re using WhatsApp Business on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch WhatsApp Business from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner of the app and select “Business tools” from the menu.
- Open the Catalog option on your tools page.
- Tap More options on the top right and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Toggle “Show the add to cart button” to turn it off.
That’s how you turn off the cart button from the WhatsApp Business app on Android. If you ever change your mind, you can always enable it whenever you want.
On your computer:
- Launch the WhatsApp desktop app or visit their web app and sign in to your business account.
- Click More options on the chat list header and select “Catalog” from the menu.
- Click More options (three dots icon) beside the cart icon and select “Settings” on the menu.
- Turn off the cart option to confirm your decision.
After disabling the cart option on your shop, your customers won’t be able to send and avail multiple items from your shop in one message. If they wish to buy various products, they’ll need to send you separate messages for each item.
Please note that disabling the cart feature doesn’t affect the carts you’ve received from your customers. It only works on new orders in the future.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to manage your catalog settings on WhatsApp Business, you can now disable the cart feature for your shop. Always remember that it doesn’t affect existing carts you received from customers in the past, and you can enable the option whenever you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.