How To Turn Off Calls On Telegram
Last Updated: June 9, 2022
Are you tired of your contacts and other users calling you on Telegram? Do you want to stop non-contacts or everyone from calling you on the app? In any case, you can change the call preferences on your Telegram account. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Aside from sending messages and sharing files with users on Telegram, they can also call you on the app. By default, everyone that has your number or has interacted with you on the app can attempt to call you if they please.
Although this option makes it easier for you to connect with other people on the app, we understand that a lot of people value their privacy. Some users only want their contacts to call them, while others prefer to use the app without other people calling them.
Thankfully, Telegram allows its users to manage their privacy settings and choose who can call them on the app. Users can decide to only allow their contacts to call or prevent anyone from doing so.
In any case, here’s our guide to managing your call preferences on Telegram.
How to stop users from calling you on Telegram
If you don’t want other users calling you on Telegram, you can turn off the feature from your privacy settings. You can choose to only allow your contacts to call you or disable the feature completely.
You can manage your calling privacy settings on Telegram whether you’re on your desktop or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below to learn how.
On your phone:
- Open Telegram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to your Privacy and Security options.
- Open your Call permission options.
- Choose who can call you on the app and tap the check icon on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
If you select “Nobody” on your call preferences, no one can call your account on the app. However, you can add exceptions to this rule to allow a few contacts to call you whenever they want.
On your computer:
- Launch the Telegram desktop app and link your account.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the chats list and select “Settings” from the sidebar.
- Click “Privacy and Security” on the settings window.
- Open your Call preferences.
- Choose the people who can call you on Telegram and click Save on the bottom right of the window to apply the changes.
That’s how you manage your call preferences on Telegram. With the help of this option, you can filter out the people who can call you on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change your call privacy settings on Telegram, you can choose who can call you on the app. Always remember that you can add exceptions to your preferences to allow a few contacts to bypass them.
That’s all! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.