How To Turn Off Autoplay On Netflix
Last Updated: May 26, 2022
Do you want to browse Netflix shows without viewing their previews automatically? Or do you want to stop the app from playing the next episode when you’re watching a series? In any case, you can change your autoplay controls on Netflix. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll show you how.
By default, Netflix plays shows and movie trailers on the app automatically. While some users find this feature helpful, others prefer to browse the app quietly.
The app also plays the next episode of a show automatically so that you don’t have to hit the Next button from time to time.
However, we understand that there are people who don’t like the autoplay features on Netflix. Thankfully, the app allows its users to change their preferences for each profile and disable the autoplay controls whenever they want.
How to disable autoplay on Netflix
If you don’t want Netflix to autoplay episodes or previews when you’re using the app, you can disable the option on your settings. In this way, there’s no need to watch unwanted previews when browsing shows on the app.
You can disable autoplay on episodes or previews, whether you’re using the Netflix mobile or web app. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both app versions.
On your phone:
- Open Netflix on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile avatar on the top right corner of the app.
- Tap “Manage Profiles” and select the profile that you want to configure.
- Disable the autoplay preferences on your profile.
That’s how you turn off autoplay for a profile on Netflix. Changing this feature affects your profile on all your devices with the app.
On your computer:
- Open Netflix on your browser, sign in to your account, and open one of your profiles.
- Click your avatar on the top right corner of the app and select “Manage Profiles” from the menu.
- Select the profile that you want to configure.
- Disable the autoplay controls on your current profile.
- Click the Save button at the bottom to confirm your decision.
Changing your autoplay controls affects your profile on all devices where you use Netflix. As such, there’s no need to change your settings whenever you use the app on a new device.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to turn off autoplay on Netflix, you can stop the app from playing trailers or the next episode of a series whenever you want. Please note that changing these controls only affects the current profile that you’re managing.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.