How To Translate Text In Canva
Last Updated: April 13, 2023
Do you want to create a design in another language? Do you want your brand or content to reach audiences around the world? If that’s the case, you can use the translate option in Canva. Read on, and we’ll discuss how to translate text in the Canva mobile, web, and desktop apps.
When creating a design in Canva, people usually use text in English or their native language. After all, it’s easier to create content for people that can understand what you’re creating.
To reach international clients and audiences, you might want to create designs in different languages. Thankfully, there’s a translate text option on Canva that can convert your texts into a different language.
Here’s our guide about using text translation in Canva.
How to use the translate feature in Canva
If you want to promote your brand to a global audience, you might want to create content in different languages. You can use the translate option in Canva to translate pages in your design to another language of your choosing.
You can use the translate feature whether you’re editing a design from the Canva web, desktop, or mobile app. Check our step-by-step tutorials, and we’ll teach you how to use the feature on the app.
On your computer:
- Open the Canva desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your designs or create a new one from scratch.
- Fill up one of the pages with text using the text box feature.
- Scroll down the sidebar and select Translate.
- Select the language of your current text in the “Translate from” section and choose the language that you want to use in the “Translate to” section.
- Choose the page where you want to use the translation option and click the Translate button.
- Once the app finishes processing your text, you’ll see the translated page right away.
By default, Canva duplicates one of your pages when translating. In this way, you’ll have a copy of the original and translated version of your design. The app resizes the text by default when translating to fit the page.
You can open the Settings tab when using the translate option to turn off these options.
On your phone:
- Launch the Canva mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Create a new design or edit an existing one.
- Populate one of the pages with text.
- Tap the plus icon on the bottom left.
- Scroll through the options and select Translate.
- Choose the language of your current text and the one you want to use.
- Select the page where you want to apply the translation and tap the Translate button.
When translating, try using short and simple sentences while providing context for an accurate translation. Also, avoid slang and idioms for the best results.
Canva Free users can only translate up to 50 times on their account. On the other hand, premium users can translate 500 times, and the counter resets every billing date.
To wrap things up
With the help of the translate option, you can create designs in different languages allowing you to reach a global audience. You can double-check the translations using third-party apps to make sure that you get the right message across.
When creating texts that you want to translate, keep the sentences short, mind your punctuation, and avoid line breaks for optimal results.
That’s it! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page and check our latest posts and updates.