How To Translate Messages On Viber
Last Updated: December 16, 2022
Did you come across a message that’s in a different language than what you’re using on Viber? Or did someone message you in a language that you can’t understand? In any case, you can use the translate option on Viber to help you understand what the other person is trying to say.
Viber is a messaging app that’s available in a lot of countries around the world. As such, you may encounter people on the app that’s speaking a different language than the one you’re using.
Thankfully, the app has a translation feature that uses a third-party app to translate messages to the language of your choosing. With the help of this option, you can pretty much understand what the other person is trying to convey through the chat.
Here’s our guide to translating messages on Viber.
How to translate a message on Viber
If you come across a message on Viber that’s in a language that you can’t understand, you can try using the translate option on the chat. In this way, you can get a translation of the message into a language that you can read.
You can use the translate option whether you’re using the Viber app on your computer or mobile device. We’ll cover the steps to use the feature on both devices.
On your phone:
- Open Viber on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your chats and browse the conversation.
- Tap and hold one of the messages on the chat.
- On the menu that appears, select the Translate option.
- Allow Viber to use a third-party translation app to confirm your decision.
That’s how you translate a message from the Viber mobile app. Although some translations aren’t perfect, they can give you a rough idea of what the other person is trying to say.
On your desktop:
- Launch the Viber desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your chats and browse the conversation.
- Right-click on one of the messages on the chat and select the Translate option from the menu.
- Click the Continue option to confirm your decision. (give Viber permission to use a third-party app to translate).
You can change the message translation language from your settings on the app. You can find the option to do so on your Account settings on the desktop app and the message settings on the mobile version.
To wrap things up
With the help of the translation option on Viber, the language barrier between users from different places isn’t that much of a problem. While the translation is nowhere near perfect, it still helps you understand what the other party is trying to say in the chat.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.