How To Translate A Conversation On Skype
Last Updated: September 2, 2022
Are you having trouble understanding someone’s chat from a different on Skype? Do you want to try translating your language so that you can tell what the person is trying to say? If that’s the case, you can opt to use the translation option from your conversation settings with the user. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On Skype, users can talk or chat with people around the world. With the help of the translated conversation feature, chatting with people that are using a different language is now possible.
You can send a request to one of the users on the app to translate the conversation automatically. Once the person accepts it, Skype will automatically translate everything within the conversation for you.
Although you can’t expect the translation to be perfect, it’s better than having nothing at all. Here’s our guide about using translated conversations on Skype.
How to translate a Skype chat
If you’re talking with someone from another country on Skype and you don’t share a common language, you can try translating the conversation on the app. In this way, you can still send messages and understand what the other person means.
You can send a translation request whether you’re using Skype on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the Skype app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your conversations on the app.
- Select the person’s icon from the conversation header.
- Scroll down to the Translate Conversation section and choose the language that you want to use.
- Tap the “Send translation request” option and wait for the person’s response.
Once the other user accepts the translation request, Skype will automatically translate the conversation. If you ever change your mind, you can update your settings whenever you want.
On your computer:
- Launch the Skype desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Go to the conversation that you want to manage and tap the user’s icon on the conversation header.
- Scroll down to the Translate Conversation section and choose the language that you want to use in the chat.
- Click the “Send translation request” option and wait for the other user to accept it.
If you no longer need to translate the conversation, you can stop it whenever you want. Please note that the other user can also stop the translation if they want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use the translated conversations feature on Skype, speaking and chatting with people in a different language is now possible. Don’t forget to check and select from the available languages for translation before sending a request to another user.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.