How To Transfer Boosts On Discord
Last Updated: October 28, 2021
Did you accidentally boost the wrong server on Discord? Or do you want to boost and support another server instead of the current one? In any case, you can transfer your boosts across different servers on Discord. In our guide below, we’ll cover the steps to do so and everything else you need to know.
In Discord, users can boost their favorite servers to show their support. Once the server accumulates enough boosts to level up, all the members get to enjoy new perks they can use within the server.
As time passes, people’s tastes also change. Your favorite server today that you boosted might not be the one you want to support in the future.
Thankfully, Discord allows you to transfer your boosts from one server to another. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to transfer your server boosts on Discord
If you accidentally boosted the wrong server or you now have a new favorite, you can opt to transfer your boosts on Discord. In this way, there’s no need for you to cancel your current server boost and avail a new one.
You can transfer server boosts on the Discord desktop, mobile, or web app. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps to do so on all three.
On your computer:
- Open your Discord app (web or desktop app) and log in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left to access your User Settings.
- Under Billing Settings, go to your Server Boost tab.
- Click the three dots icon on one of your active server boosts and select Transfer Boost on the menu.
- Choose the server where you want to transfer the boost.
- Review the transfer details and click “Yes, transfer boost” to confirm your decision.
You need to be a member of a server to transfer in order to boost it. Otherwise, it won’t show up on the list of servers when transferring.
After transferring the boost, you’ll need to wait for seven days before you can transfer it again. However, you can always cancel the server boost any time you want to end it on the next billing cycle.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After logging in to the Discord mobile app, tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the current channel to open the menu.
- Tap your profile avatar on the bottom left corner of the app to open your User Settings.
- Scroll down to Nitro Settings and select Manage Boosts.
- Tap the three dots icon on one of your active server boosts and select “Transfer Boost” on the menu.
- Select the server where you want to transfer the boost.
- Check the transfer details and tap “Yes, Transfer Boost” at the bottom of the page to confirm your decision.
Please note that transferring boosts may reduce the level of your server. Aside from that, you may lose your progress towards a Boosting Badge as well.
As such, check the details carefully before confirming your decision. Since transfers have a cooldown of one week, you don’t want to make the mistake of boosting the wrong server or transferring the wrong server boost.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to transfer a boost on Discord, you can go ahead and move them to support another server. As such, there’s no need for you to cancel your current subscription to avail a new one for the other server.
Always keep in mind that once you transfer a boost, you’ll need to wait for seven days before you can move it again. However, you can opt to cancel it whenever you want.
That’s all from us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and read our daily posts and updates.