How To Take Notes During Huddles On Slack
Last Updated: October 17, 2022
Do you want to write notes while participating in Slack huddles? Or do you want to document important topics discussed at the meeting for everyone participating? In any case, you can use the threads feature to start chat discussions or take notes during your huddles on Slack. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
Huddles on Slack allow users to meet with other channels or conversation members for a quick discussion on the app. By default, huddles make use of your microphones, but users can opt to turn on their cameras as well.
During huddles, there might be situations where you want to write down notable details and information that you can use in future discussions. If that’s the case, you can use the threads feature to write notes during your quick meetings on your channel.
After starting a thread, other participants can reply to it to start a quick discussion outside of the meeting. In this way, everyone can continue talking about the topic after leaving the huddle.
Here’s our guide about starting threads on huddles in Slack.
How to start threads during Slack huddles
If you want to take notes or reminders during your huddles on Slack, you can reply to the add reply to a thread during the huddle. With this feature, you can note important topics discussed during your quick meeting within your channel or conversation.
You can use the threads feature during your huddles whether you’re using Slack on your phone or computer. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch Slack on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your conversations or channels on the app.
- Tap the headphone icon on the conversation header and select Huddle from the menu to start a new huddle. You can also join an ongoing huddle within the chat.
- Once you’re inside the discussion, tap the threads icon among the huddle options.
- Tap the “Add a reply” option at the bottom of your screen to send a message to create a new thread.
After creating a thread, other users in the huddle can send replies to start a quick discussion. You can use this feature to jot down quick notes so that you’ll remember topics discussed during the huddle.
On your computer:
- Launch the Slack desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your workspace.
- Head to one of your channels or conversations and start a huddle by clicking the headphones on the bottom of the sidebar. You can also opt to join an existing huddle in one of your chats.
- Click the “Show thread” icon on the sidebar.
- Type what you want to note down on the message field and hit the Send button.
That’s how you start threads on Slack. You also have the option to send the message to the channel or conversation so that everyone can continue the thread from there.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use threads on huddles in Slack, you can now take notes or start discussions that may continue after leaving the meeting room. Other huddle participants can choose to reply to the thread you created or start a new one.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.