How To Switch To A Business Account On Instagram
Last Updated: February 18, 2023
Do you want to grow your business on Instagram? Or are you planning to start one on the app? Either way, you can switch to a business account on the app to get more tools and features for your business. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
Instagram has a couple of tools that can help you start a business online. By switching to a business account, you’ll get more features that can get you more customers on the app.
You can switch your existing personal account to a business account or start one from scratch. Switching an account allows you to retain your followers on the app.
Here’s our guide about creating a business account on Instagram.
How to create a business account on Instagram from an existing account
If you want to use your personal Instagram account to grow your business online, you can switch its type to a business account. Business accounts have access to tools that can help you track engagements, monitor progress, and improve your interactions with other users on the app.
You can switch to a professional account from the Instagram web or mobile app. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps for both.
On your phone:
- Open the Instagram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to your profile page and tap the three lines on the top right.
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Tap “Account type and tools” under the For professionals section.
- Select the Switch to professional account option.
- Tap Continue.
- Choose the category that best describes your business and tap the Done button.
- Choose whether to hide or display your business contact information and tap Next.
- Choose whether to receive promotional emails or not and tap Next.
- Complete the steps to set up your professional account, or tap the X icon to Skip.
After switching to a business account, you can now use the different tools that can help your business grow on the app. You can use the Professional dashboard to monitor your performance and check various tools for your business.
On your computer:
- Launch the Instagram web app and sign in to your account.
- Click “More” on the bottom left and select Settings from the menu.
- Click the “Switch to professional account” option.
- Select “Business” and click Next.
- Check the features of a business account and tap Next.
- Select a category that best describes your business and click Done.
- Click Continue on the pop-up window.
That’s how you switch to a business account on Instagram. If you ever change your mind, you can switch back to a personal account whenever you want.
To wrap things up
Using a business account on Instagram gets you new features like the Insights and Dashboard page. You can also plan and schedule posts with a business account.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.