How To Switch Between Song And Video Modes On YouTube Music
Last Updated: October 23, 2022
Do you want to check the music video of a song on YouTube Music? Or do you prefer the song’s album version? In any case, you can switch between the song and video modes on the app whenever you want. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll teach you how to use these two modes.
Subscribing to YouTube Music Premium gives you a lot of extra features that can make your experience on the app better. For example, you can choose to listen to a song’s album version or enjoy its music video.
If you’re using mobile data to stream, using the song mode allows you to save more data since you can listen to a song without loading its video. On the other hand, you can use the video mode feature to enjoy visuals alongside your music.
Here’s our guide about switching between song and video modes on YouTube Music.
How to use video and song modes on YouTube Music
If you want to see the video of a song on YouTube Music, you can use the video mode of the song. On the other hand, you can switch back to song mode if you plan on listening to audio-only.
You can switch between song and video modes on YouTube Music as long as you have a premium membership on the app. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to use these two modes from their mobile or web app.
On your phone:
- Launch the YouTube Music app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Play a song from your library, playlist, or the search results on the app. If you’re currently playing a song, tap the song player at the bottom of the app.
- Tap the Video option at the top of your screen to switch to video mode.
- Tap the Song option at the top of your screen to switch back to the song’s album version.
You can toggle song-only mode by navigating to your Settings and toggling the “Don’t play music videos” option. Enabling this feature switches music videos to album versions of songs automatically.
On your computer:
- Visit the YouTube Music web client on your favorite browser and sign in to your account.
- Play any song from your library, playlists, search results, or recommendations.
- Click the song’s name or any space on the music player at the bottom.
- Click the Video option above the album cover to switch modes.
- Click the Song option above the music video to switch back to the song’s album version.
Please note that the song mode is only available to YouTube Music Premium users. Using this mode uses less mobile data since the app can play the song without loading the video.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use the song and video mode on YouTube Music, you can now switch between the album and music video version when listening to your favorite songs. In cases where a song doesn’t have a music video, the app will play the audio version automatically.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.