How To Subscribe To A Channel On Twitch
Last Updated: October 26, 2021
Do you want to support your favorite streamer on Twitch? How about subscribing to the channel for a month or more? By subscribing, you can show love and support to the streamer while receiving a few benefits exclusive to the channel. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to subscribe from the Twitch web and mobile app.
Aside from following your favorite streamers on Twitch, you can also subscribe to them. Although it costs a small amount of money, it allows you to show your love and support to the channel.
Subscribing also gives back benefits that you can enjoy within the channel. For example, you’ll receive an ad-free viewing experience, an exclusive sub-only chat, and a free Sub badge. You’ll also gain more channel points so that you can unlock the rewards much faster.
Now that we covered some of the things you should know, here’s our guide about subscribing to a channel on Twitch.
How to subscribe to your favorite Twitch streamer
If you want to show your love and support to your favorite streamer on Twitch, you can opt to subscribe to their channel. When you do, you’ll also receive a couple of benefits depending on the tier subscription you choose.
You can subscribe to a streamer whether you’re using Twitch on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so from both devices.
On your computer:
- Using your preferred web browser, visit Twitch and sign in to your account.
- Go to the channel where you want to subscribe.
- Hit the Subscribe button below the stream.
- Scroll down on the window that appears and expand “Go above and beyond” to check the tier 2 and tier 3 subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription you want, check the price, and hit Subscribe. You can also choose to subscribe for a couple of months to save more money.
- Pay with your credit card or choose from one of the available payment options.
- Continue with the following steps on your screen and confirm your payment.
After you confirm the payment with your credit card, PayPal, or other methods, you can now enjoy the perks that come with it. By default, every subscription notifies the streamer, so you might receive a shout-out or a thank you live on stream in return.
Please note that users with Amazon Prime can subscribe to one channel for free. So before paying for a subscription, check if you can avail a free one with Prime.
On the Twitch mobile app:
- After signing in to the Twitch mobile app, head to one of your favorite channels.
- Tap the Subscribe option right below the stream.
- Check the price for the tier 1 subscription and hit the Subscribe button.
- Once the Google Play option appears on your screen, hit the Subscribe button, enter your password, and verify the transaction.
Once the payment comes through, you can now enjoy all the perks of a tier 1 subscriber. For example, you’ll get an ad-free viewing experience, a badge, a lot of emotes, and a sub-only chat.
If you subscribed outside the Twitch app, you can only manage that subscription on your web browser.
Support your favorite channels on Twitch!
Now that you know how to subscribe on Twitch, you can now show your love and support to your favorite streamers on the platform. If they’re currently live, they might also give you a shout-out during the stream.
Always remember that subscribing to a channel is optional. You can watch a streamer without subscribing every month.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site from time to time, and check our daily posts and updates.