How To Stop Message Requests On Messenger
Last Updated: October 13, 2021
Are you getting countless message requests from people you don’t know on Messenger? Do you want to choose which people can send you requests or turn them off entirely? In our guide below, we’ll show you how to manage your Message Delivery features on Messenger. Whether you’re using the app on your browser or mobile device, we got everything you need to know.
In Messenger, not all messages go to your chats list directly. The ones you receive from people who are not your friends or the Facebook Marketplace get sent to your message requests folder by default. In this way, the app prevents messages from suddenly flooding your chats on the app.
To further protect your privacy, you can choose which people can send you message requests on the app. You have the option to prevent message requests from non-contacts on Messenger.
For example, you can turn off message requests from people that find you randomly on the app. On the other hand, you can also allow messages directly from your chats list.
Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to manage these message requests on Messenger.
How to prevent message requests from people on Messenger
If you want to choose the people who can send you message requests on Messenger, you can manage your Privacy Settings. You can opt to disable these requests completely or send the messages directly to your chat.
You can choose who can send messages requests to your account, whether you’re using Messenger on your computer or mobile device. With that in mind, here are our quick tutorials that cover both devices.
On your computer:
- Using your favorite web browser, visit Messenger and sign in to your account.
- Click the three dots icon on the top of the chats list and select Preferences from the menu.
- Near the bottom of the window, click the “Manage Message Delivery” option.
Note: You can directly navigate to your Privacy Settings from your Facebook account without opening the Messenger app.
- On the “How You Get Message Requests” section, manage the people who can send you requests on Messenger. Click “Edit” beside one of your connections to manage your privacy options.
When managing your message requests, you can opt to send them directly to the chats, get them through your requests folder, or not receive them at all.
On the Messenger app for Android:
- After opening the app, tap your profile icon on the top left of the chats list.
- Scroll down to the Preferences section and tap Privacy.
- Select “Message Delivery.”
- Manage who can send you message requests on Messenger. Tap on the options available to edit your preference.
Always remember that not all messages get sent as requests. Messages from your friends and the ones from the Facebook Marketplace go directly to your chats list.
If you don’t want to receive any message request from anyone, you can turn it off on every option you see on your Message Delivery page.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to manage your message delivery preferences on Messenger, you can choose which people can send you message requests on the app. Whether you turn them off entirely for everyone, it’s all up to you.
That’s all from us! For more tutorials, check our site regularly, and browse our latest posts and updates.