How To Start An Event On Discord
Last Updated: November 17, 2021
Is it time for you to host the event you scheduled on Discord? Or do you want to start it ahead of time? In any case, you can start your server events on the app whenever you want as long as you have permission to do so. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you everything you need to know about starting events from the Discord desktop, web, or mobile app.
In Discord, users with event management permissions within a server can schedule stage, voice channel, or other types of events in the future. In this way, the members or the ones invited can prepare ahead of time if they want to attend.
When it’s time for your event to kick off, you need to start it for the event to go live. Otherwise, Discord removes the event from your community automatically.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about starting an event on Discord.
How to start an event on your Discord server
If you made some changes to your plan and wish to start your Discord event right away, you can do it without waiting for the exact time on the schedule. When you start the event, everyone that marked it as “Interested” receives a notification that you’re currently live.
You can start an event whether you’re using the Discord app on your computer or mobile device. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord desktop app or open their web browser client and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your servers and click the Events option on the channels list.
- Check the events on your server and click the Start button on the one you want to start immediately. If you can’t see the start option, click More (three dots icon) and select Start Event from the menu.
- Click the green Start Event button to confirm your decision.
If you forgot to start the event within an hour of the schedule, Discord removes it from your community. As such, we recommend that you prepare and check your server a few minutes before the scheduled time.
While Discord notifies people that marked themselves as “Interested” when you start the event, you can also tag everyone on the server to let them know.
On the Discord mobile app:
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left side of the channel to open the menu.
- Go to one of your servers and select the Events option on the channels list.
- Tap the Start option in the event that you want to start.
- Tap Start Event at the bottom of your screen to confirm your decision.
After starting an event, you can leave it any time you want. You can also end and remove it from the events list on your server.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to start an event on Discord, you can begin your stage, voice, or another type of event whenever you want. Once you hit the Start button and confirm your decision, everyone that marked themselves as interested in the event will receive a notification.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials from us, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.