How To Share Your Screen With Sound On Skype [2021 Guide]
Last Updated: January 11, 2021
Skype offers a share screen function that allows users to display a livestream of their screen to the people in their call. If you want to learn how to do this, just follow this guide!
Skype’s screen-sharing function lets its users broadcast whatever is on their computer monitor to anyone they are in a video call with. This includes slideshows, videos, your internet browser, or any full-screen applications.
Take note, however, that screen sharing requires that you have pretty fast internet as this function uses a lot more bandwidth compared to a regular Skype call.
How to Share Your Screen on Skype for PC and Mac
It’s pretty easy to start sharing your screen with people you’re on a Skype call with. Whether it’s a one-on-one meeting or a powwow with your entire team, the process stays the same. Check it out:
- Open Skype, and start a call with your contact / contacts.
- On the bottom right, you will see the Share Screen button. It’s the one with two overlapping triangles!
- Skype will then ask you if you wish to share your computer audio. It takes sound from your desktop and transmits it.
- Sharing audio may make it difficult for others to hear your mic, so turn down the desktop volume first.
- Repeat the same process for Mac.
- Once the screen is being shared, you’ll notice a yellow border around your screen. This indicates that your screen is currently being shared. Make sure you’re not displaying anything you don’t want them to see!
How to Share Your Screen on Skype for Your Browser
If you don’t have Skype installed on your Mac or PC, you can still screen share with audio using the Google Chrome version for Skype. Keep in mind that this only works for the Google Chrome version of Skype, hence other browsers will not have this feature.
- Log into your Skype account through web.skype.com.
- Make a call with a group or individual that you want to share your screen with.
- Press the screen share button at the lower right corner of the call – it’s the two overlapping rectangles!
- Skype will ask you if you want to do the following:
- Share a specific Chrome tab
- Share a specific application
- Record your entire screen
- Select the option that works best for your purposes.
- And boom – you’re sharing your screen!
How to Share Your Screen on Skype for Mobile (Android and iOS)
Skype users on mobile, don’t fret – you too can share your device’s screen through Skype – and with audio, too. Doing this is just as easy as sharing your screen on Skype for desktops and laptops.
Skype for Android Screen Share
The button for the screen share option for Android is hidden, but is easily found!
- Open up Skype on your Android device.
- Make a call to a group or an individual.
- On the bottom right hand corner, tap the ellipsis (three dots) to bring up the menu.
- Tap the screen share button, represented by two overlapping triangles.
- Now you’re sharing your device’s screen!
Take note: this feature is only available for devices running Android 6.0 or higher. Older versions of Android and the Skype app will not have the option to share their screen.
Skype for iOS Screen Share
Sharing your screen on Skype for iOS uses pretty much the same method as the Android version.
- Open up Skype on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make a call to a group or individual
- Press the ellipsis on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, Select “Skype” then select “Start Broadcasting.”
- Now you’re sharing your device’s screen
Take note: the Screen Share feature for Skype on iOS only works on phones and tablets running iOS 12 or higher. If you haven’t updated your iPhone since 2018, you probably won’t be able to use this function.
Skype themselves have suggested that to truly maximize your Screen Share experience, you should use an iPhone 7 and above, or any of the late model iPads from 2019.
And that’s how you share your screen on Skype! We’ve listed down all the possible ways to share your screen on Skype with audio: from Skype on Desktop, Skype on Android, and finally, Skype on iOS.
Sharing your screen is a good way to get your message across to whoever you’re chatting with. From important PowerPoint presentations to the most adorable cat video “you just have to watch,” you can enhance your Skype experience with this fun function!
Make sure to share this with your friends if they want to start Screen Sharing on Skype too!