How To Share Your Screen On Zoom
Last Updated: May 17, 2021
Do you have something on your screen that you need to show to the other team participants? Or do you want to show them how to use a certain app or service online? Either way, we’re here to offer our help. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to share your screen on Zoom. Whether you want to do it before or during a meeting, we got you covered.
Like most video-conferencing apps like Google Meet and Skype, Zoom also allows you to share content during meetings. With this feature, you can explain stuff to the other participants much more efficiently.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide for you. We’ll teach you two ways on how to share your screen on Zoom. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, we’re here to offer our help.
How to share your screen from the Zoom home page
If you haven’t joined a meeting yet, you can choose to share your screen from the home tab of the Zoom app. In this way, you get to show your screen to the other meeting participants as soon as you join.
You can share your screen with this method whether you’re using the Zoom desktop or mobile app. With that in mind, here’s a quick tutorial on how to do it from both versions.
On the desktop app:
- At the Home tab of the desktop app, click Share Screen.
- Enter the sharing key or meeting ID on the appropriate field and click the Share screen button to start.
- If the sharing key or ID you entered is valid, you’ll successfully connect to the meeting. Otherwise, you’ll see a message like the one in the image below.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in to the Zoom mobile app, head to the Meet & Chat tab.
- On the upper-right side of your screen, tap Share Screen.
- Enter the Share key or meeting ID on the empty field and tap OK.
That’s how you share your screen from the Zoom home tab. With the help of this feature, you can share content with other meeting participants immediately.
How to share your screen during a meeting
Aside from sharing your screen from the Zoom homepage, you can also do so during a meeting. You’ll find a Share screen button among the options inside the meeting room.
You can always share your screen with other participants whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how to do it from both versions.
On the desktop app:
- After signing in, join a meeting or start a new session.
- At the bottom of the meeting room, click the Share Screen option.
- Choose a window or application you want to share.
- After choosing, click the Share button on the bottom right.
That’s how you share your screen during a meeting on the Zoom desktop app. You can always end the sharing session by clicking the Stop button at the top of your screen.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in to the Zoom mobile app, join an existing meeting or start a new one.
- Once you’re inside the room, tap the Share option at the bottom of your screen.
- On the menu that appears, tap the Screen option.
To end the screen-sharing session, tap the red Stop button on your screen. Ending the call also stops sharing automatically.
As you can see, you share other things on the Zoom mobile app aside from your screen. You can share your camera, a link to a website, a whiteboard, and many more.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how the two ways of sharing your screen on Zoom, everything is up to you whether you want to do it from the homepage or during a meeting.
Always remember to be careful when sharing content with the other participants. It isn’t advisable to share your private data not related to the meeting with other people.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly, and check our latest posts and updates.