How To Share Your Screen On Google Meet
Last Updated: December 19, 2021
If you want to show or present something to your meeting on Google Meet, you can share your screen with all the participants. In this way, you can show them tutorials or a presentation while discussing. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to share your screen on Google Meet.
Google Meet is one of the most popular video-conferencing apps out there. The app allows its users to host meetings online with their friends or workmates.
During meetings, people can opt to share their screens with all the other participants in the room. You can opt to share a specific tab, window, or an entire screen.
Here’s a quick guide about using the screen-sharing feature on Google Meet.
How to share your screen on your Google Meet meetings
If you want to present or show something to your participants, you can share your screen during your meetings. In this way, they can check what you’re trying to explain during discussions and presentations at your video conference.
You can share your screen whether you’re using Google Meet on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Using your favorite browser, visit the Meet web client, and sign in to your account.
- Start a new meeting or join an existing one.
- Click the “Present now” icon at the bottom of your screen.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, choose whether to share a tab, window, or your entire screen.
- Select an option at the top of your screen and click Share to start presenting.
As a host of a meeting, you can share your screen whenever you want. Starting a presentation while another participant is sharing their screen pauses their session automatically.
On the other hand, hosts of meetings you join can restrict the participants from sharing their screens. So if you can’t start a presentation, ask the host for help.
On your Android device:
- Open the Meet app and sign in to your account.
- Join an existing meeting or create and host a new one.
- Tap the three dots icon on the bottom right of the meeting room.
- Once the options appear, tap “Share screen.”
- Click “Start sharing” to confirm your decision.
That’s how you share your screen on the Meet mobile app. If you want to end your presentation, head back to the meeting room and tap the Stop option in the middle of your screen.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to share your screen on Google Meet, you can start your presentations whenever you want. Always remember that anyone can start their own presentation even if someone is still sharing their screen.
As the host, you can prevent participants from sharing their screens. In this way, only you can start a presentation during your video conference.
That’s it! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our page from time to time and read our latest posts and updates.