How To Set Your Status As Away On Asana
Last Updated: July 19, 2022
Do you want to show that you’re currently unavailable in Asana? Or do you want people to leave you alone on the app for some time? In any case, you can display an away status on your profile on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
In Asana, other workspace members can view your profile to check if you’re currently online, working, or available for a chat. In this way, people can know when it’s a good time to strike up a conversation or a discussion with you.
However, we understand that there are times when you don’t want people bothering you. You might want to go on a vacation undisturbed or focus on your work instead of replying to chats.
Thankfully, you can display yourself as unavailable on the app. You can set an away status on your profile to let people know that you’re currently not active on your account.
Here’s our guide about updating your profile and setting your status as “away” on Asana.
How to update your Asana profile to away
If you’re going out of the office for quite some time, you can set your status in Asana to away. In this way, other workspace members can know that you’re unavailable at the moment.
You can update the status on your Asana profile, whether you’re on your phone or desktop. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so on both devices.
On your computer:
- Open your favorite browser, visit the Asana web client, and sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar on the top right corner and select “My Settings” from the menu.
- Make sure that you’re on the Profile tab.
- Scroll down and enable the “Show me as away” option.
- Select the first and last day where you’ll display the status on your profile.
- Click the “Save Changes” button on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
That’s how you show your profile as unavailable on the Asana web app. You can still allow the app to send you notifications even though you’re appearing as “away” from other workspace members.
On your phone:
- Launch the Asana mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your workspace.
- Tap “Account” on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Click the “View profile” option on your account details.
- Scroll down and toggle the “Show me as away” option.
- Choose the days in which you’ll display the status on your profile.
Your away status will appear on your profile during the days you choose. However, you can always turn off the feature whenever you want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to display an away status on your Asana profile, you can now go on your vacation or focus on your work while letting people know that it’s not the time to send you messages or tasks on the app. If you ever change your mind, you can always turn off the feature from your profile settings.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.