How To Set Up A Welcome Screen On Discord
Last Updated: October 11, 2021
Do you want to give new members of your community some channel recommendations when they join your Discord server? Or do you want to welcome them warmly and introduce your server while you’re at it? With the Welcome Screen on Discord, you can show new server members channel recommendations and a quick description about the community when they join. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to set up yours.
Joining a new server for new Discord users can be quite confusing and overwhelming, especially if you see a lot of channels and members within it. After all, you can’t expect everyone to know what to do right away without guiding them.
Thankfully, Discord allows you to set up a “Welcome Screen” on your Community Server to help new users. This feature can recommend channels and introduce your server briefly, guiding them on places they can check.
Here’s our guide on how to set up your Welcome Screen on Discord.
How to set up the Welcome Screen on your Discord Community Serve
If you want to guide new members of your community when they join your server, you can set up your Welcome Screen. In this way, they’ll know what channels to check first before exploring the server and chatting with its members.
You can set up the Welcome Screen whether you’re using Discord the web or desktop app. With that in mind, follow our step-by-step tutorial below to learn how.
Note: The Welcome Screen feature is only available to Community Servers. If you haven’t enabled it yet, do so from your Server Settings.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of the Community Servers you currently own or manage.
- Click the server’s name on the top left and select Server Settings on the menu.
- Click “Welcome Screen” under the Community section and select the “Set Up Welcome Screen” button.
- Add your first recommended channel that your new members should visit.
- You can add up to 5 recommended channels on your welcome screen. Click the “Add Another Channel” button to add one.
- Add a quick description so that new members get to know something about your server and its members.
- Click the Enable button on the upper right section of the page after the finishing touches to apply the changes.
After enabling the Welcome Screen, new members get to see it when they join your Community Server. If you want an idea of how it looks on their end, click Preview beside the Enable button.
If you’re not happy with the appearance of your current Welcome Screen, you can change it whenever you want. Discord saves all the changes automatically, so there’s no need to toggle it on and off.
We recommend that you include channels for rules, discussions, questions, and updates in the Welcome Screen. After all, you want to help new members know the purpose of your server.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add a Welcome Screen to your community, you can guide new members around the server when they join it. As such, you can make them feel welcome and accepted within the Community Server.
That’s everything we have on us! Visit our site regularly for more tips, tricks, and tutorials. Don’t forget to browse our daily posts and updates while you’re at it.