How To Set Up A TeamSpeak Server
Last Updated: January 2, 2021
Do you want to have a TeamSpeak server where only you and your friends can join? How about one where you can be the admin? Or do you want to test if TS3 is the right VoIP service for you? In any case, we’re here to help you. Follow our guide below to learn how to set up your first server on TeamSpeak 3.
TeamSpeak is one of the most secure and reliable VoIP services that allow you to communicate with other people online. It’s one of the best choices if you want a server where you can talk to your friends, guildmates, or clanmates.
Although you can always use and join TS3’s public servers, you can create one as long as you have the hardware to support it. But if you don’t know how to, or if you find the process confusing, don’t worry, since we got you covered. Here’s a guide on how to set up your first server on TeamSpeak 3.
How to set up your TeamSpeak server on Windows
For those who don’t know, anyone can set up a server on TeamSpeak for free. However, the free license can only hold up to 32 users at the same time.
While the gamer server license can host up to 1024 users (depending on the price you’re willing to pay), the free version of the server allows you to use all the features available as well. So if you’re planning to create a server for a small guild or clan, the free license is more than enough for you.
With that in mind, here’s our step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a TeamSpeak server on your computer:
- Using your favorite browser, download TeamSpeak’s server installer, and extract the files to your desired folder or location. Since there are two versions of the installer (64-bit and 32-bit), choose the one that matches your processor.
- Open the folder where you extracted the files and launch the installer named “ts3server.”
- Read the TS3 license, terms, and customer information. Accept the agreement to allow the installer to run on your computer.
- Since the TeamSpeak server needs an internet connection for it to work, your firewall might block some of its features, depending on your settings. If that happens, allow the app to access and communicate to your networks.
- After that, TeamSpeak gives you some credentials that you can use to login into the server query and the privilege key to gain admin rights for your server.
Make sure to copy and save all your server credentials, especially the admin privilege key. After saving all the necessary information, the only thing you have to do is connect to your new server.
In case you forgot to copy your server credentials or your admin privilege key, don’t worry since you can always uninstall the server and start over. To do this, delete the entire directory where you extracted the installer. After that, extract the ZIP files and launch the new installer once more.
How to connect to your server through the TeamSpeak 3 client
After installing and setting up the TeamSpeak 3 server, you can go ahead and connect to it through the TS3 client. All you need is to know your IPv4 address and privilege key, and you’re good to go.
If you’re on Windows, open Command Prompt, and use the “ipconfig” command to view your IPv4 address. Now that you have everything you need, here’s our quick step-by-step tutorial below to connect to your server on TeamSpeak.
- Launch the TS3 client on your computer.
- Click Connections > Connect or press “Ctrl + S” on your keyboard.
- Add your IPv4 address to the Server name field.
- Click “More” and enter your admin privilege key on the appropriate field.
- Click Connect.
Note: You can only use the privilege key provided to you once. You have to generate a token if you want another user to be an admin for your server.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to set up a server on TeamSpeak, you can invite your friends, guildmates, or clanmates over. But before you do, try to set up the permissions and create channels for everyone that joins.
In case you forgot to save the admin privilege key before you connect to the server for the first time, you can always delete your current server and create another one for free. Just remember to delete the entire file directory of your server before you set up a new one.
That’s all from us! We hope that with our guide, you learned how to set up your first server on TS3. For the new tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page regularly for our latest posts and updates.