How To Set Custom Notifications On Telegram
Last Updated: April 19, 2022
Do you want to use a unique tone for each of your important chats on Telegram? If that’s a yes, you can use the custom notification feature on the app. With the help of this option, you can customize a chat and choose the sound notification that you prefer. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to customize notifications on Telegram.\
When you receive messages from your chats on Telegram, you’ll hear the same sound notification from any conversation. Although you can use the mute option to silence the conversations you don’t need to check often on your account, you have the option to customize the notifications to differentiate your chats.
By customizing chat notifications, you can choose a different sound or audio for your conversations to know which group or contact sent you a message.
Here’s our guide about customizing chat notifications on Telegram.
How to customize your chat notifications on Telegram
If you want to distinguish between important chats and messages through sound, you can use custom notifications on Telegram. In this way, you can know you receive an urgent message from a certain group or contact without opening your phone.
You can manage and customize your notifications for each of your chats on Telegram, whether you’re on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Open the Telegram desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the chat that you want to customize and make sure that it’s not muted.
- Click the three dots icon on the top right corner of the chat header.
- Hover your mouse pointer to “Mute notifications” and click “Select sound” from the menu.
- Choose from the available sounds or upload one from your device and click “Save” to confirm your decision.
That’s how you customize your sound notifications from chats on the Telegram desktop app. Please note that you can save audio files you receive on your chats and use them as the sound notification for your chats.
On your phone:
- Open Telegram from your app drawer or home screen, go to the chat that you want to manage, and make sure that it’s not muted.
- Tap the three dots icon on the right side of the chat header and select the “Mute” option from the menu.
- Select the Customize option.
- Enable the custom notifications for the chat and tap the Sound option.
- Choose the system sound that you want to use for the chat or upload a custom one from your storage.
You can manage each of your chats to add a unique tone to each of them. With the help of different sounds notifications, you can distinguish chats from one another.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to customize notifications on Telegram, you can choose different sounds for your conversations on the app. As for the chats you no longer need, you have the option to mute, delete, or archive them anytime you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.