How To Set A Server Avatar On Discord
Last Updated: October 20, 2021
Do you want to use different avatars for various servers you have on Discord? With the help of the new server avatars feature, you can do it in a few minutes. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to set a server avatar to your Discord account, whether you’re on your phone or computer.
Aside from changing your nickname on Discord, you can also upload a server avatar to customize your profile. As such, you can express yourself with different profile pictures across different communities on the platform.
For example, you can show one avatar for your gaming community and a different one for the server with your friends. With this feature, you can use unique images or GIFs as avatars for your servers on the app.
Before we get started on our guide, please note that server avatars are only available for Nitro users at the moment. However, Discord might opt to release the feature to all users in the future.
Here’s our guide on how to set up server avatars on Discord.
How to use different avatars on your Discord servers
If you want to express yourself uniquely across various servers on Discord, you can set a different avatar on each one. In this way, you can show different sides of yourself to communities that share the same interests.
You can set a server avatar whether you’re using Discord on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps on how to do it on both devices.
Note: Server avatars are a new perk for Nitro users.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord app (web or desktop app) and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your servers where you want to set an avatar.
- Left-click your avatar on the members list or one of the channels within the server.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, click “Edit Server Profile.”
- Click your avatar and select an image from your device. Select the Save button on the bottom right part of the window to apply the changes.
After customizing your server avatar, it won’t affect your primary avatar on Discord. You’ll still use your primary avatar on all the servers where you didn’t customize your profile.
Please note that Discord supports PNG and JPG files as server avatars. On the other hand, Nitro users can upload a GIF for their avatar on the server.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the Discord mobile app, go to one of your servers where you want to upload an avatar.
- Open one of the channels and slide to the right to open the sidebar. You can also top the members icon on the top right corner of the conversation.
- Among the members list, tap on your name or avatar.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, tap the “Edit Server Profile” button.
- Tap your current avatar and select “Change Server Avatar” at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the photo you want to use from your device or take a new one using your camera.
- Tap the Save icon on the bottom right to save the changes.
If you ever change your mind, you can always customize your server profile, select your current avatar, and reset it back to your primary one.
Customize your Discord profile with server avatars
Now that you know how to add a server avatar to your account, you can express yourself differently among various servers on the app. When you combine this feature with server nicknames, you can create a nice profile that other users might find cool, funny, or interesting.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tutorials, visit us from time to time, and browse our latest posts and updates.