How To Set A Photo For One Of Your Contacts On Telegram
Last Updated: January 5, 2023
Do you want to customize how your contacts on Telegram appear on the app? Are you having trouble recognizing someone due to their profile picture? If that’s the case, you can set a profile photo for one of your contacts on the app. Check our tutorial below, and we’ll teach you how to use the feature.
Telegram allows its users to add profile pictures to their accounts. Adding a photo of yourself on your profile makes it easier for friends and contacts to recognize you on the app.
When you chat with someone on Telegram, you can see their profile photo on the conversation header. If you want to customize how your friend’s profile appears on your end of the app, you can choose to customize their profile photo.
Here’s our guide about choosing a new profile photo for one of your contacts on Telegram.
How to set a profile photo for one of your Telegram contacts
If you can’t recognize one of your contacts due to their different name and photo on Telegram, you can set a profile picture for them. Choosing a profile photo for your contact only displays the new picture on your end of the app.
You can set a profile photo for a Telegram contact from their mobile and desktop apps. In our tutorial below, we’ll show you how to do it on both app versions.
On your phone:
- Launch Telegram on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Head to the chat with one of your contacts and tap the name or profile photo on the conversation header. If you don’t have an existing chat with one of your contacts, head to the Contacts tab and tap one of the people on the list.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right of the profile page and select “Edit contact” from the menu.
- Tap the set photo option below the contact details.
- Choose the image you want to use as the contact’s profile photo, make some adjustments, tap the check icon, and select “Set Photo” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
- Tap Done on the top right of the contact’s profile page to save the changes.
Changing the profile picture of one of your contacts doesn’t notify them. Also, the profile photo will only be visible on your account.
On your computer:
- Launch the Telegram app on your desktop and link your account.
- Open a conversation with one of your contacts and click their name on the header.
- Click More options (three dots icon) on the contact’s profile window and select “Edit contact” from the menu.
- Click the camera icon on the profile photo and select “Set Profile Photo” from the menu.
- Choose the photo from your computer, make some adjustments, and click the Set Photo option at the bottom of the editor.
- Click Done to save the changes.
That’s how you choose a custom photo for one of your contacts on Telegram. If you ever change your mind, you can always reset the photo to its original form.
To wrap things up
With the help of custom profile photos for contacts, you can now choose pictures for your friends and family on Telegram. Always remember that you can only see the photo you set as a profile photo on your account.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.