How To Set A Password In Notion
Last Updated: November 4, 2022
Do you want additional protection for your Notion account? Do you feel that the temporary sign-in codes or single-sign-in feature aren’t enough to secure your account? If so, you can add a permanent password to protect your workspaces on the app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
When signing up for Notion, you can choose to use your Gmail or Apple account to access and use the app immediately. As such, you can immediately sign in to the app without having the need to use a password.
However, we understand that some of you value the security of your pages and workspaces on the app. To add another layer of protection to your account, you can set up a permanent password.
Here’s our guide about adding a password to Notion.
How to add a password to your Notion account
If you’re still using the single sign-in option or temporary login codes to access your Notion account, you can add a password to it. In this way, you can secure your account or access it without logging in to your Gmail or Apple account on a new device.
You can set a password on Notion whether you’re using the app on your web browser, desktop, or mobile device. Check our step-by-step tutorial below, and we’ll show you everything you need to know about this option on your account.
On your computer:
- Open the Notion desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Select “Settings” or “Settings & Members” (for Workspace owners) on the sidebar.
- Head to the “My account” tab.
- Scroll down and click the “Set a password” button under the Password section.
- Enter your new password, retype it on the next field, and click “Set a password” to confirm your decision.
When creating a password, make sure that you can remember it well. Also, you might want to make your password a combination of letters and numbers to make it harder for people to guess it.
On your phone:
- Launch the Notion app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “Settings” from the menu. Alternatively, you can select “Settings” at the bottom of the workspace that you’re viewing.
- Select the “Set a password” option under the “My settings” section.
- Enter a password that meets the requirements on the two fields and tap “Set a password” to confirm your decision.
That’s how you add a password to your Notion account. If you want a new password, you can edit it whenever you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to set up a permanent password on Notion, you can now access your account without using your Gmail or Apple account. In this way, you can easily log in to your account when you’re on a shared or new device.
That’s everything from us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.