How To Send Voice Messages On WhatsApp
Last Updated: December 7, 2021
Do you want to communicate with your friends and contacts on WhatsApp with audio? If so, you can record and share voice recordings with your group and private conversations on the app. With that in mind, here’s our guide about sending voice messages on WhatsApp.
In WhatsApp, users can start conversations with their friends and contacts on the app. You can send messages, photos, GIFs, and other stickers on all your chats.
However, there are times when you want to communicate with people you meet on the app instantly. Thankfully, WhatsApp allows you to record and send voice messages whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about sharing voice recordings on WhatsApp.
How to record and send voice messages on WhatsApp
If you have something to share with your friends on WhatsApp, but you can’t explain them through a message, you can record a voice message instead. In this way, you can instantly communicate and express what you want to say to a group or one of your contacts on the app.
You can record and send voice messages whether you’re using WhatsApp on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how.
On your phone:
- Launch WhatsApp and sign in to your account.
- Open the group or private conversation where you want to send a voice clip.
- Tap and hold the microphone icon on the right side of the message field to start the recording.
- Slide your finger up to lock the recording so that you can take your finger off your screen. Removing your finger off your screen without locking sends the recording to the conversation. You can also slide to the left to cancel the voice message.
- Tap the stop icon at the bottom of the screen to end the recording.
- Hit the play icon to preview the voice message and tap the paper plane icon on the right to send it to the chat.
That’s how you send voice messages from your mobile device. If you ever change your mind, you can always delete a message for everyone within the conversation.
After sending the voice message, you’ll see an indicator when conversation participants played the recording. A gray microphone means that not everyone played the message. On the other hand, a blue microphone means that everyone played your recording at least once.
On the WhatsApp desktop app:
- Head to the conversation where you want to record a voice clip.
- Click the microphone icon on the right of the message field to start recording.
- Hit the stop icon to end the recording. You can click the paper plane icon to send the recording immediately.
- Click the play button to preview the voice message and click the paper plane icon to share it in the conversation.
That’s how you record and share recordings on the WhatsApp desktop app. Like we mentioned earlier, you can delete voice messages after sending them if you ever change your mind.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to send voice messages on WhatsApp, you can instantly communicate with your friends on the app. In this way, you can express what you want to say without typing them on the message field.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, check our latest posts and updates.