How To Send View Once Media On WhatsApp
Last Updated: August 5, 2021
Do you frequently share photos and videos with your chats on WhatsApp? Do you want to add more privacy to the media files you send on the app? If so, you can use WhatsApp’s latest feature when sharing photos and videos with your chats. With that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to send views once media in their mobile, desktop, or web app.
In WhatsApp’s latest update, the messaging service rolls out view once media on all their apps. With the help of this feature, you share photos and videos with your chats without worrying about the recipient forwarding and saving it on their device.
However, we still recommend that you only send important media files to people you trust on WhatsApp. Even if you enable the view once feature, the recipient can screenshot before closing the media viewer.
Nevertheless, you can opt to use the view once if you don’t want to leave any photo or video on your chats. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how WhatsApp’s latest feature on their mobile, desktop, or web app.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to send view once media on WhatsApp
If you to add more privacy features to the pictures and videos you send on WhatsApp, you can use the view once feature on the app. Once the recipient exits the media viewer, the photo or video automatically disappears from the chat, and they can’t save it on their Gallery.
You can send views once media whether you’re using WhatsApp on your phone or computer. In our quick tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your mobile device:
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen or app drawer and open one of your group or individual chats.
- Tap the attach option at the bottom of your screen and choose whether to use the Camera to take photos or upload media from your Gallery.
- After using your camera or choosing existing media on your device, click the “1” symbol on the caption section at the bottom of your screen to enable view once media.
- Once you finish adding some final touches to your photo or video, hit the Send button.
After using the view once feature on media you send on WhatsApp, you and the recipient won’t be able to save, share, forward, or star the photo or video involved. If the recipient doesn’t open the media for two weeks, it will automatically expire and disappear from the chat.
Currently, there’s no option to enable the view once feature on all media you send on WhatsApp. As such, you’ll need to turn it on every time before sending a photo or video to a group or individual chat.
On your computer:
- Launch the WhatsApp desktop app or visit their web browser client and link your account.
- Open one of your chats and click the attach option at the bottom of the chat window.
- Choose whether to use your Camera or upload existing media from your device.
- On the Preview page, click the “view once” option beside the emoji icon.
- After enabling the view once feature, you can add a caption to the media before hitting the Send button.
Please note that the view once option isn’t available for sending multiple media at the same time. So if you have a lot of photos or videos to share, you’ll need to send them one by one while enabling the view once feature every time.
While this feature prevents the recipient from saving, forwarding, or sharing the media files you send, they can take a screenshot or record without alerting you. However, once they close the viewer, they’ll lose access to the media on the chat.
To wrap it all up
With the help of WhatsApp’s latest privacy feature, you can now send media files that the recipients can only view once. After they exit the media viewer, the photo or video automatically disappears from the chat.
Please note that the view once feature works both ways. After sending a media file, you won’t be able to view it again.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our daily posts and updates.