How To Send Praise To Someone On Teams
Last Updated: September 19, 2022
Do you want to acknowledge one of your teammates’ work on Microsoft Teams? Do you want to get creative on how you congratulate someone on the app? If that’s the case, you can send them praise through the chat or one of the channels on your organization. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
When someone does good work on their tasks or job, it is only right that they get the recognition that they deserve. It is reassuring to know that someone knows your worth on a team or organization to stay motivated on your work.
In Microsoft Teams, users can send praise to other users on their channels or in conversations to congratulate them for their efforts. With the help of this feature, you can keep the good vibes within your team while giving people recognition for their work.
Here’s our guide about sending praise on Microsoft Teams.
How to send praise to one of your team members on Teams
If you want to congratulate someone for doing a great job on Teams, you can send them praise on one of your groups or during one on one chats. In this way, you can show them that you recognize their efforts for your team or organization.
You can send praises on Teams whether you’re on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll teach you how to do it from their mobile and web app.
On your phone:
- Open the Teams mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Go to the chat or channel where you want to praise someone.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the conversation.
- Select the “Praise” option on the menu that appears on your screen.
- Select the badge that you want to display and add a short message for the recipient.
- Tap the “Send” button on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
That’s how you send praise from the Teams app for Android. Please note that you can send praises to one on one chats or channels on the app.
On your computer:
- Launch the Teams desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your organization.
- Head to one of your conversations or channels and select the award icon below the message field.
- Select the badge that you want to use and add a short message for the recipient.
- Click the Send button on the window to send your praise.
You can click the Preview button before sending the praise to check how the message appears on the recipient’s end.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to send praises to Teams, you can now get creative when congratulating other team members for their efforts. You can choose to send them in channels to give people wider recognition for their work on the team.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.